Main Menu

Top 5 Draft Picks

Started by simm_bo, February 03, 2013, 07:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

I'm really surprised to see everyone rating daniher so high.

what club bid on him before essendons pick?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 01:17:12 AM
I'm really surprised to see everyone rating daniher so high.

what club bid on him before essendons pick?
Port Adelaide did with pick 7 :)

Ziplock

so that means that despite clubs before port like WBD needed a young kpf, they didn't big on him...

I reckon he would have just scraped into the top 5, if that.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 01:45:55 AM
so that means that despite clubs before port like WBD needed a young kpf, they didn't big on him...

Pretty much and considering when Grundy went

Tominator

no but they would have. It only takes one club to make a bid for the FS-related club to have to use its first pick, and Port made the first bid

meow meow

Yeah but you also think that Plowman is a key defender! He's an attacking half back in the Andrew Mackie mould.

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on February 09, 2013, 01:54:52 AM

Yeah but you also think that Plowman is a key defender! He's an attacking half back in the Andrew Mackie mould.

haha, yeah I have a really bad habit of when I cbf researching a draftee, just assuming if they're over 190cm they're a kpp.

Quote from: Tominator on February 09, 2013, 01:52:57 AM

no but they would have. It only takes one club to make a bid for the FS-related club to have to use its first pick, and Port made the first bid

ummm, yeah... but WBD had 5/6... which was before ports 7 obviously... therefore, if they thought daniher was 5/6 material, why didnt they bid on him? Just saying, like obviously they probably wouldnt get him, but theres no harm done in making the bid if on the off chance the dons decided that pick 10 was too much...

Ziplock

I did a quick google on plowman and anywhere that mentioned his specific role said he was a key defender :/

meow meow

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 02:15:57 AM
I did a quick google on plowman and anywhere that mentioned his specific role said he was a key defender :/

I know Lachie. His old man does my tax returns. I've seen him play enough to tell you he's definitely not a key position back. Far too attacking and creative for that. He's the best bloke you could ever meet so let's hope he doesn't turn out like the last top 10 pick to go to Sacred Heart in Kyneton - Dylan Smith. 

Ziplock

well, good to know then :P

Tominator

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 02:13:33 AM
Quote from: Tominator on February 09, 2013, 01:52:57 AM

ummm, yeah... but WBD had 5/6... which was before ports 7 obviously... therefore, if they thought daniher was 5/6 material, why didnt they bid on him? Just saying, like obviously they probably wouldnt get him, but theres no harm done in making the bid if on the off chance the dons decided that pick 10 was too much...

yeah but because Port had made a bid for him (before any other club did) the AFL pretty much said to Essendon "you either have to take him with your first pick or pass on him altogether" ... so if Essendon passed on him - if they were on the right drugs then who knows ;D - then I'm sure the Dogs or GWS would have grabbed him, because he will be a gun

Ziplock

pretty sure that's not how the bidding system works...