Mitch Robinson

Started by Adamant, February 03, 2013, 07:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will You Be Starting Mitch Robinson In 2013?

Yes! Locked.
12 (38.7%)
Undecided, will have to watch NAB form.
12 (38.7%)
No! Upgrade target.
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Adamant

Mitch Robinson.

18 games in 2012 at an average of 92.8, which ranks him as the 10th highest averaging forward.

He is often labelled as 'inconsistent', but looking into his scores, he is actually the opposite of that. In 2012, he scored 82+ in all but 4 games. 2 of these 4 games were in rounds 20 & 21, when he was still recovering from a serious eye injury (which caused him to miss the 4 weeks prior). If we remove these scores, his average shoots up to 99.4, so he is arguably underpriced at $478,600. His ceiling is also quite big, with 9 x 100+ scores (50% of his games) and a top score of 146.

He is only 23 years old, so still has a lot of improvement in him. He is a loose unit, but with 44 trades, the risk is marginal at best. I can see him going 100+ under Mick, and barring injury, he is a lock in my side.

Will you be starting him?

grimreaper

tbagrocks

Surely Mick will just use him as a bulldozer winning the ball in the guts?

High on my watchlist

Chelskiman

Upgraded to him last year and will probably do the same again.  That said, I only have two spots to fill up in the forward line, and one of those will be Buddy.  Robbo and Thomas will be fighting it out for my last mid spot at this stage.

Windigo

Not in my side currently. Stevie J & Rock ahead of him. 

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on February 03, 2013, 09:54:19 PM
I removed him the other day and put S.J in, if Robbo kicks butt in the Nab ill put him back in  ;D

essendon2

Stevie J tends to start the year slowly; especially doesn't average too well against his first few opponents. from rounds 7 onwards he looks good to go!

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on February 03, 2013, 10:02:38 PM
Stevie J tends to start the year slowly; especially doesn't average too well against his first few opponents. from rounds 7 onwards he looks good to go!

yeah im starting with robbo but SJ will probably be the first upgrade target i bring into the squad.

Adamant

Yeah, SJ tends to start the year slowly. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

Steve Johnson - First 3 scores in the last 3 years

2010 - 96, 69, 77

2011 - 77, 102, 77

2012 - 68, 101, 60

He usually takes a month or so to really get going. I don't think he's a must to start with, as long as you get him in before round 9 (when Geelong play Port, Gold Coast, GWS in a row).

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on February 03, 2013, 10:21:05 PM

2010 - 96, 69, 77

2011 - 77, 102, 77

2012 - 68, 101, 60

He usually takes a month or so to really get going. I don't think he's a must to start with, as long as you get him in before round 9 (when Geelong play Port, Gold Coast, GWS in a row).
Yeah doesnt make for good reading .. thats why i had Robbo instead till i changed it   ;D  for some reason my forward line looks stronger with S.J  :-\

Have you got any Robbo stats early on

hardnut

running Robbo at F3 and SJ at F1. Happy to have both and just have a feeling about SJ tearing up whilst playing slightly closer to goal.

Adamant

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 03, 2013, 10:23:59 PM
Quote from: Adamant on February 03, 2013, 10:21:05 PM

2010 - 96, 69, 77

2011 - 77, 102, 77

2012 - 68, 101, 60

Yeah doesnt make for good reading .. thats why i had Robbo instead till i changed it   ;D  for some reason my forward line looks stronger with S.J  :-\

Have you got any Robbo stats early on

Well, Robbo has only really been a premo for 2 years, so you can't really look into his early scores yet.

I agree with you though, Stevie J just looks better for some reason. Mabye it's because of Robbo's ugly head?

Football Factory

Quote from: hardnut on February 03, 2013, 10:27:10 PM
running Robbo at F3 and SJ at F1. Happy to have both and just have a feeling about SJ tearing up whilst playing slightly closer to goal.
Probably not relevant to this thread but im keen on S.J in Supercoach .. getting back to his 2011 average while playing forward more

Windigo

Some players just 'look' better in teams.

Brougton does not 'look' good in my backline/forward line. So I booted him.

Like Zorko, he just doesn't 'look' good sitting at F3. Probably not a very plausible excuse not to pick somebody, but meh.  ::)

Chelskiman

Quote from: Windigo on February 03, 2013, 10:44:52 PM
Some players just 'look' better in teams.

Brougton does not 'look' good in my backline/forward line. So I booted him.

Like Zorko, he just doesn't 'look' good sitting at F3. Probably not a very plausible excuse not to pick somebody, but meh.  ::)

I know exactly what you mean.  If you came up against a Stevie J you would feel more threatened than if you came up against someone like Zorko, even if both are going at similar averages.