Maric vs Sandilands

Started by Football Factory, February 03, 2013, 07:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Who is the better choice ?

Sandi will average a little more i think but will probably miss a game or 3

Can Maric follow up his first year at the Tiges with more of the same .. seems to be durable and consistent

Maric costs 30k more

Jukes

I reckon they'll average pretty much the same, but that extra 30k is well worth the incredibly lower injury risk.

Adamant

Sandi is a proven scorer, whereas Maric has only had one good DT season and could drop his average a couple of points. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Maric also have a knee issue and could be managed throughout the season?

With 44 trades, Sandi's durability isn't as much of a concern... you just have to hope he doesn't get injured early in a game for a score of 10. :P

Sandi for me.

Dudge

Quote from: Adamant on February 03, 2013, 07:30:00 PM
Sandi is a proven scorer, whereas Maric has only had one good DT season and could drop his average a couple of points. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Maric also have a knee issue and could be managed throughout the season?

With 44 trades, Sandi's durability isn't as much of a concern... you just have to hope he doesn't get injured early in a game for a score of 10. :P

Sandi for me.

Not 100% sure on this, but i thought he had groin problems last year (Maric ). I'd go Sandi, and save 30k

Windigo

Sandi averaged like 100 without the injury game in there.  ;)

Football Factory

Im leaning towards Sandi but he is injury prone, i know we get 2 trades per week but im thinking i can be doing better things with my trades early than getting rid of an injured Sandi .

hardnut

Sandi is proven and I'd expect Maric to be given some support in the rucks this year (Orrensen?) so they don't blow his groins up again. Maric I'd say will dip in scoring slightly back to ~85-90ppg and Sandi is a lock at 95+ if/when injured he goes to a fallen Cox or charging Nicnat (best laid plans  8))

Football Factory

Quote from: hardnut on February 03, 2013, 10:25:25 PM
Sandi is proven and I'd expect Maric to be given some support in the rucks this year (Orrensen?) so they don't blow his groins up again. Maric I'd say will dip in scoring slightly back to ~85-90ppg and Sandi is a lock at 95+ if/when injured he goes to a fallen Cox or charging Nicnat (best laid plans  8))
Did you mean to do that funny  :'(   (Orrensen)   Orren Stephenson

ShaynoB

Sandi for sure. Maybe even slightly underpriced?

He gets injured trade him out to pretty whoever really!

timmyparso

Sandi. If he gets injured you''ll be able to buy the best replacement.

Ricochet

Trying to weigh up whats the cost of another 10 point game for Sandi tho?
Versus him pumping out 110+ scores

nrich102

Sandilands will average mre for less

owenbond007

I personally wouldn't start either. Obviously you already have the burger. I'd jump on h Mac. The cats look to be flying atm and h Mac is a value buy at 425k, I expect him to match both sandi and Maric for score.

Toga

I've got Maric at the moment actually. Sandi is cheaper but more of a risk.

Maric did struggle with OP this year but that is resolved with rest which I would hope he had a bit of this off-season. And as for back up, the only other ruck I see playing this season is Vickery, meaning I don't think there will be much of a dip in Marics score at all. O-Steph is there purely for injury cover for Ivan and won't steal time on the middle from him.

Grazz

I think Sandi should avg more than Maric, its the ten points here the twenty points there that get you to the front of the pack rank wise or closer to the pointy end. Yes his recent history suggests there is a risk in picking him but if your going to win this thing then i feel your attitude should be i gotta risk it to get the biscuit with players. Had a great pre season he's as fit as he's been in along time and im seriously finding it hard not to start him. With so many going Goldy i think it's a big advantage for those that take Sandi, he will comfortably beat Goldys avg in my opinion and this is a big advantage to me. With Luey as my second ruck i dont think i can take the risk of starting with Goldy, i want my 1st ruck to compensate for a slow start that i feel Luey may have untill he's got all his touch back, between the two if they can avg a ton each combining their scores untill Luey is cruising again then the risk will of been worth it. Nobody can be certain Sandi will reinjure the toe just as nobody can be certain he wont, with two trades a week who cares, if he can play ten games with no trouble i would expect him to be 120 points infront of any other except for maybe Cox as Cox should slay it without Nic Nat not being around early. I have Cox in my FWD line. So if Sandi does go down all it will do is bring me back to where i would of been anyway with Maric. I dont have to get a full year from Sandi with 2 trades a week i just need him to play ten straight and everything after that is a bonus. If you look at it this way then the risk is far less. Of course i could well be wrong but in this caper you gotta back yourself and if he does go down early with 2 trades per week i still got time to get back into it.