Maric vs Sandilands

Started by Football Factory, February 03, 2013, 07:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

Quote from: Grazz on February 08, 2013, 12:24:21 PM
I think Sandi should avg more than Maric, its the ten points here the twenty points there that get you to the front of the pack rank wise or closer to the pointy end. Yes his recent history suggests there is a risk in picking him but if your going to win this thing then i feel your attitude should be i gotta risk it to get the biscuit with players. Had a great pre season he's as fit as he's been in along time and im seriusly finding it hard not to start him. With so many going Goldy i think it's a big advantage for those that take Sandi, he will comfortably beat Goldys avg in my opinion and this is a big advantage to me. With Luey as my second ruck i dont think i can take the risk of starting with Goldy, i want my 1sy ruck to compensate for a slow start that i feel Luey may have untill he's got all his touch back, between the two if they can avg a ton combining their scores untill Luey is cruising again then the risk will of been worth it. Nobody can be certain Sandi will reinjure the toe just as nobody can be certain he wont, with two trades a week who cares, if he can play ten games with no trouble i would expect him to be 120 points infront of any other except for maybe Cox as Cox should slay it without Nic Nat not being around early. I have Cox in my FWD line. So if Sandi does go down all it will do is bring me back to where i would of been anyway with Maric. I dont have to get a full year from Sandi with 2 trades a week i just need him to play ten straight and everything after that is a bonus. If you look at it this way then the risk is far less. Of course i could well be wrong but in this caper you gotta back yourself and if he does go down early with 2 trades per week i still got time to get back into it.
+1.Well said Grazz,absolute spot on with my thinking.Big 211 is in for a big year.

pommyadam

even if Sandi goes down, as long as it's not during the game he can always be traded out (YAY for partial lockout :) )
other than his injury score (10) he'd have been the highest averaging ruck last year

well worth the risk imo

Adamant

Quote from: Grazz on February 08, 2013, 12:24:21 PM
I think Sandi should avg more than Maric, its the ten points here the twenty points there that get you to the front of the pack rank wise or closer to the pointy end. Yes his recent history suggests there is a risk in picking him but if your going to win this thing then i feel your attitude should be i gotta risk it to get the biscuit with players. Had a great pre season he's as fit as he's been in along time and im seriously finding it hard not to start him. With so many going Goldy i think it's a big advantage for those that take Sandi, he will comfortably beat Goldys avg in my opinion and this is a big advantage to me. With Luey as my second ruck i dont think i can take the risk of starting with Goldy, i want my 1st ruck to compensate for a slow start that i feel Luey may have untill he's got all his touch back, between the two if they can avg a ton each combining their scores untill Luey is cruising again then the risk will of been worth it. Nobody can be certain Sandi will reinjure the toe just as nobody can be certain he wont, with two trades a week who cares, if he can play ten games with no trouble i would expect him to be 120 points infront of any other except for maybe Cox as Cox should slay it without Nic Nat not being around early. I have Cox in my FWD line. So if Sandi does go down all it will do is bring me back to where i would of been anyway with Maric. I dont have to get a full year from Sandi with 2 trades a week i just need him to play ten straight and everything after that is a bonus. If you look at it this way then the risk is far less. Of course i could well be wrong but in this caper you gotta back yourself and if he does go down early with 2 trades per week i still got time to get back into it.

Well said Grazz! Sandi is locked for me as R1 and I've got Coxy up forward too. He is a no brainer with 44 trades IMO.

Grazz

Yeh he's good value i reckon. Cheers  :)

SydneyRox

i know sandi is the right pick, but i cant find the extra cash i need to bring him in