Kennedy
21 (33.9%)
Dangerfield
13 (21%)
Cotchin
28 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

tbagrocks

Yeah I am sure both will be nudging 120 by Augaust, I just have concerns for the earlier rounds on them maintaining the ave

Danger is not only a crash the contest player, be would be the most explosive away from a contest which making him great, he also kicks a great goal

The_Captain

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 10:43:43 PM
Yeah I am sure both will be nudging 120 by Augaust, I just have concerns for the earlier rounds on them maintaining the ave

Danger is not only a crash the contest player, be would be the most explosive away from a contest which making him great, he also kicks a great goal

Yeh great player to watch!!!

pikla

all guns but I would expect end of season averages to be Cotchin --> Kennedy --> Danger

tbagrocks

Quote from: pikla on February 13, 2013, 10:50:09 PM
all guns but I would expect end of season averages to be Cotchin --> Kennedy --> Danger
Why ??? he was the least of the scorers last year, why will he turn it around? Kennedy's only 24 he can improve, danger is within a few days of Cotchin he can improve just as much,

This is why I made the thread, everyone says Cotchin this Cotchin that but the other two were just as impressive last season, I want to hear why people think Cotchin will suddenly turn the average that Danger currently has over him? ???

TheAnt

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 10:43:43 PM

I they're all similar in that way, Kennedy gets through with pure strength, Dangerfield gets through because of his speed and strength and Cotchins balance makes him hard to tackle, bit like Pendlebury.

pikla

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 11:05:04 PM
Why ??? he was the least of the scorers last year, why will he turn it around? Kennedy's only 24 he can improve, danger is within a few days of Cotchin he can improve just as much,

This is why I made the thread, everyone says Cotchin this Cotchin that but the other two were just as impressive last season, I want to hear why people think Cotchin will suddenly turn the average that Danger currently has over him? ???

As I said, i think all are guns and are set for a great season. I just remember sitting there watching Cotch during the second half of last year and thinking wow this kid is going to be the best player in the comp in the next few years. I think someone here said that he avg ~125 in the second half of the season? Anyway, this is just what I believe will eventuate but im sure others will disagree

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 11:05:04 PM

Lol Its just the way it is tbag. Some players are more popular than others and its a good thing because it means you can go with someone like a JPK or Danger instead of Cotchin to get a POD without loosing any points and possibly even gaining an extra few. No need to try and convince people to go the other way. Just use it to your advantage

The question you put forward was which one of these 3 to start so in that case I think it goes to Cotchin due to his high consistency and really strong 2nd half of the season (avg 124 after the bye)

quinny88

Have a look at Brett Deledio.. He avgd slightly more than Cotchin and also scored 19 tons and barely had a mention all summer

tbagrocks

But that's kind of my worry about starting him, a big ave to maintain and at some stage i'm sure he will pass it but he could drop early, saying that thou he's like 40k cheaper than JPK but Josh started so well last year that I think he is the go

Danger came home with s flurry as well, smashed out a 169 and 187 and probably something like the 125 that Cotch had that's all i'm trying to say, we here watching Danger regularly also thought "wow this guy is going to be one of the very best"

I'm still not sure lol, I really would like JPK and I want some riskies in Sloane and Fyfe so with adding 4-5 gun mid rookies there's no room for another one of these guys

But if either Cotch or Danger start to gun it in pre-season then you would alsomt be silly not to have them

As usual i'm just sticking up for the Adelaide player over the hyped up Melbourne based player ::)

jimmyh

Danger averaged 138 from rounds 16-23... seriously huge numbers, and i don't see any reason for him to stop anytime soon

pikla

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 11:27:42 PM
But that's kind of my worry about starting him, a big ave to maintain and at some stage i'm sure he will pass it but he could drop early, saying that thou he's like 40k cheaper than JPK but Josh started so well last year that I think he is the go

Danger came home with s flurry as well, smashed out a 169 and 187 and probably something like the 125 that Cotch had that's all i'm trying to say, we here watching Danger regularly also thought "wow this guy is going to be one of the very best"

I'm still not sure lol, I really would like JPK and I want some riskies in Sloane and Fyfe so with adding 4-5 gun mid rookies there's no room for another one of these guys

But if either Cotch or Danger start to gun it in pre-season then you would alsomt be silly not to have them

As usual i'm just sticking up for the Adelaide player over the hyped up Melbourne based player ::)

lol. fair enough. I really dont think you can lose with any 3 of these players, probably one of those times that you'll just have to go with your gut if NAB cup fails to sway you either way

tbagrocks

Quote from: jimmyh on February 13, 2013, 11:33:37 PM
Danger averaged 138 from rounds 16-23... seriously huge numbers, and i don't see any reason for him to stop anytime soon
Yep 8) but he also played the bottom 5 teams, but also a 138 v West Coast, 187 v Fremantle and 133 v Geelong in those last 8 games, dominance is dominance and some of his bigger scores were against strong top 8 sides last year, the 187 was against a flying Fremantle

Further dismissing the "pick guys playing weeker teams" theory

colmullet

i think the "pick guys playing weaker teams" theory only applies to the players on the fringe of being picked....guns will score well no matter who they play, thats why they are guns. It's the fringe players whose scores are likely to increase when playing weaker sides

TheAnt

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 11:27:42 PM

Cotchin got 11 out a possible 12 brownlow points in the last 4 games..

jimmyh

Danger had impressive numbers, but i can't shake this feeling that we won't see cotchin this low for a long long time from now on  ???