28 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

tbagrocks

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 05, 2013, 02:13:16 AM
Quote from: Jayman on February 05, 2013, 01:39:42 AM
Kennedy for me tbag - like MTTY said, pure SC gun

+1

all three are solid, but JPKwill finish the year on top
Finish the year on top is a big call! I expect to have all three by round 23 but am looking for one to start who is less likely to drop value early, JPK is my favorite here, but wait on the other two, either could easliy come and smash it

This is a big call for me, hoping the thread helps others two. Just don't forget the Dangerman's late Brownlow run in 2012 :o

tor01doc

Nice thread 'bag of tea'

My thinking is as follows.

GAJ, Pendles and Swan will be must haves

Then this group which could also include Watson and Beams (Thompson, Murphy, Selwood, Delidio maybe Boyd, Shuey, Mundy etc thereafter will end up in a lot of teams) will be fascinating.

When going for overall their averages suggest it doesn't matter which you get as there is very little difference in the long run.

I will be tossing up between JPK and Danger because they seem to be able to really rip out a huge one. This is more of a plus than consistency IMO as a drop from say 118 to 80 is not as bad as a high of 170 is good if you follow.

In leagues, if you come up against one of those 2 you are probably going to be more concerned than vs Cotchin ( who will end up in my team eventually as well).

Best of Asian (XV) luck to you good sir!

Fishtopher

Seen Sydney's draw to start the year off? Suns RD1, Giants RD2! (Not that the AFL play favourites though)

I've got Cotch and JPK but if I had to pick one it would be JPK for sure and he'll have the Big C for the first two rounds too. He'll dominate even more this year being bigger again and have the confidence that comes with a premieeeeeerrr....... premiiieeeeeerrrr..... premieeeee...... nup, I can't say it, but you know what I mean.

jimmyh

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 02:18:24 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 05, 2013, 02:13:16 AM
Quote from: Jayman on February 05, 2013, 01:39:42 AM
Kennedy for me tbag - like MTTY said, pure SC gun

+1

all three are solid, but JPKwill finish the year on top
Finish the year on top is a big call! I expect to have all three by round 23 but am looking for one to start who is less likely to drop value early, JPK is my favorite here, but wait on the other two, either could easliy come and smash it

This is a big call for me, hoping the thread helps others two. Just don't forget the Dangerman's late Brownlow run in 2012 :o

don't forget cotchin's runner up in the brownlow...

he's 22, with 2 best and fairests, new captain of a team who should improve (although don't we say that every year??) , and just finished his second full preseason.. ready to explode

LMA12

cannot go wrong with any of these 3, all very young guys, honestly i have all 3 in my side, i think that they all have such high ceilings. these guys will rest up forward also and all 3 have proved that they can kick goals as well as rack up the possies.
in order though i'd have to say
1. JPK
2. Cotch
3. Danger

SydneyRox

Quote from: LMA12 on February 13, 2013, 09:24:10 PM
cannot go wrong with any of these 3, all very young guys, honestly i have all 3 in my side, i think that they all have such high ceilings. these guys will rest up forward also and all 3 have proved that they can kick goals as well as rack up the possies.
in order though i'd have to say
1. JPK
2. Cotch
3. Danger

oooooh  :o

Tbag is gonna have your Tbag!  8)

tbagrocks

;) It's quite ammusing all the Cotchin love when Danger was as good even scoring more in SuperCoach last year, I saw a post saying Cotchin is like a prototype or something like that for SuperCoach scoring, I would agrue that Danger has the better SC body ??? Winning hard balls and bursting away from packs, kicking goals and winning matches 8)

I'm not getting on the Cotchin train just yet and on that Danger is to high priced as well, considering both are still 22 and had the one big year, Kennedy obvliously the better pick

JPK
Dangerman

Cotchin

The_Captain

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 09:42:25 PM
;) It's quite ammusing all the Cotchin love when Danger was as good even scoring more in SuperCoach last year, I saw a post saying Cotchin is like a prototype or something like that for SuperCoach scoring, I would agrue that Danger has the better SC body ??? Winning hard balls and bursting away from packs, kicking goals and winning matches 8)

I'm not getting on the Cotchin train just yet and on that Danger is to high priced as well, considering both are still 22 and had the one big year, Kennedy obvliously the better pick

JPK
Dangerman

Cotchin

No love for Cotchin Tbag with that long drop down the list i see lol? I agree that JPK is top of the list. I will be starting him for sure.

quinny88

JPK
Dangerman

Cotchin

Cotchin does all of these too.. Lol
He also is marginally more consistent than JPK and a lot more consistent than Dangerfield so I would say Cotchin > JPK > Danger

tbagrocks

head to head to win the contest i'll back Danger over Cotchin ;) no way is he as good as Danger at winning a hard ball or even clearences

Don't know where this inconsistant thing came from either, Danger got better as the year went on and was very consistant after the byes, based on being kept forward too long by Craig he had to workout how to best dominate, he now gets more outside run as well, I only do this because of all the Cotchin man love, I don't underate him but because people seem to be underating Danger while clearly putting Cotchin ahead of him is why I do all this and put Cotchin lower ;D

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
head to head to win the contest i'll back Danger over Cotchin ;) no way is he as good as Danger at winning a hard ball or even clearences

Don't know where this inconsistant thing came from either, Danger got better as the year went on and was very consistant after the byes, based on being kept forward too long by Craig he had to workout how to best dominate, he now gets more outside run as well, I only do this because of all the Cotchin man love, I don't underate him but because people seem to be underating Danger while clearly putting Cotchin ahead of him is why I do all this and put Cotchin lower ;D

I dunno, havent seen Cotchin loose to many one on ones. Both beasts in that area.

I was reffering to Dangerfields inconsistent SC scores. 13 tons for danger. 19 tons for Cotchin

The_Captain

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 10:07:49 PM

Haha i see what you're doing now. Both gun players and both a big chance to be upgrade options for me. Whoever does better i guess haha.

So its sort of the same you do with Buddy and Tex  :P.

tbagrocks

Yeah but i've definately taken the Walker crush too far on here ::) some of my posts again are just playing to the crowd ;D people know i'm not being serious with the silly posts surely :P

Yeah Quinny he was for a while, the last 8 games though when he really got going had a low of 110 and ave over 130, yes he played week teams but I can see him going on with it, reports are he and Sloane are burning the track

I'm still not keen on starting either of them due to age and what can happen to players after they have a big year ie Murphy, Redden, Rockliffe, Fye, Barlow etc

For this reason I want Kennedy and the other two could easily fire early but have big averages to maintain and could drop price

Without doing research from the top of my head, wasn't Danger No2 in contests and clearences last year, Cotchin wasn't, he'd be smoother with the ball in hand though, don't doubt the Dangerman in a contest he'll put Robbo in hospital ;)

The_Captain

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 13, 2013, 10:21:39 PM
Yeah but i've definately taken the Walker crush too far on here ::) some of my posts again are just playing to the crowd ;D people know i'm not being serious with the silly posts surely :P

Yeah Quinny he was for a while, the last 8 games though when he really got going had a low of 110 and ave over 130, yes he played week teams but I can see him going on with it, reports are he and Sloane are burning the track

I'm still not keen on starting either of them due to age and what can happen to players after they have a big year ie Murphy, Redden, Rockliffe, Fye, Barlow etc

For this reason I want Kennedy and the other two could easily fire early but have big averages to maintain and could drop price

Without doing research from the top of my head, wasn't Danger No2 in contests and clearences last year, Cotchin wasn't, he'd be smoother with the ball in hand though, don't doubt the Dangerman in a contest he'll put Robbo in hospital ;)

Haha its what makes this forum funner. It's probably lured me into an arguement or two with you before as well haha. Tex is in my supercoach team but not my dt haha. If he fails the blame goes on your shoulders!! haha na. Should at least be in top 5 forwards by years end, barring injury.

TheAnt

You've taken one line out of my post. Dangerfield is a better crash and bash player, Cotchin is better low to the ground and has core balance.
Fyfe got injured, Barlow got injured, Murphy got injured, Redden stayed relatively the same, Rockliff got played in the forward line. Doubt anything like that is going to happen to Cotchin or Dangerfield.