Yes
8 (13.8%)
No
50 (86.2%)

Total Members Voted: 3

TheAnt

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 10:09:53 PM
Quote from: TheAnt on February 03, 2013, 10:06:36 PM
Cotchin is also entering his first full pre-season and his prime  ::)
The fact is he beat Ablett in the game they went head to head, that in itself just showed what he's capable off. he won't average as much as Ablett this year, we can rule that out, but his style is the closest to Ablett in the competition. His ability to burst from getting the inside ball, then recieving it on the outside is second to none.
It's second to Ablett...
In that particular aspect i'd argue that, i'm not saying he's better then Ablett at all, but Cotchin has a very high ceiling.

MTTY

Personally don't think he is a permacaptain option. Consistently scores well but does not consistently score insanely like Ablett for example.

bottlemart

Ablett. 

First player picked and perma captain.

It's a no brainer.

Holz

You got to have ablett or pendles perma captain for my mind. Saying that i have Pendles Ablett and Cotchin

doogz

Pick ablett and dont think... that is all.

doogz

And agree with Holzman.  I have Ablett, Pendles and Cotch as 3 of my 5 mid premiums

Ricochet

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 05:54:23 PM
Shane Tuck averaged more than Cotchin last year, and that includes being the sub in one game. The Cotchin hype is out of control around here. What's going to happen when Martin moves back into the mids, and Foley returns?

If you look at the 2nd half of the season you'll see that Dayne Beams is the new Ablett, yet nobody is touching him because of Luke Ball's return? Makes no sense.
Completely agree meow. I have Beams over Cotchin. The kid had zero preseason last year and then smashed it, happy for him to stay unique though.
But gotta be Ablett for perma captain

SydneyRox

Quote from: Holzman on February 04, 2013, 01:01:52 AM
You got to have ablett or pendles perma captain for my mind. Saying that i have Pendles Ablett and Cotchin

Second person in the thread to mention Ablett and Pendles, but no Swan?

GM

Imo  Gazza  is the best SC player and Pendles is better value and prob a better SC player than Swanny.
In saying that i have all three but some are taking two and passing on Swanny(until later upgrade) for cheaper mid premos.

Torpedo10

I've gone Lids over Cotchin. Lids is proven.  ;)

tbagrocks

Loving all the Cotchin hate ;D

thewizz

Not hate - just not permanent capt material.............yet! 8)

Mat0369

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 05:54:23 PM
Shane Tuck averaged more than Cotchin last year, and that includes being the sub in one game. The Cotchin hype is out of control around here. What's going to happen when Martin moves back into the mids, and Foley returns?

If you look at the 2nd half of the season you'll see that Dayne Beams is the new Ablett, yet nobody is touching him because of Luke Ball's return? Makes no sense.

Agreed. I dislike Beams, but you can not argue with his numbers. Kieran Jack is the other although he had a slow finish to the year. He was the highest scoring SC player through the middle of the season. It is just the ability to put up those numbers for the whole season like Ablett.

batt

Thought the love train for Cotch was back..  Then I realised this was the same thread from a month ago.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quinney88   +1  +1  +1
Having said that Cotchin will be one of my earliest upgrades coz for some totally illogical reason I have a hunch his price may drop early on. I have Gazza and Swan for early captains but this may change if I'm not working some weekends and wish to exploit the captain loophole. best of luck and cheers to all.