Previous topic - Next topic

Will cotchin score well enough to be a PermaCaptain this year

Yes
8 (13.8%)
No
50 (86.2%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Rowy

I am considering usinh Cotchin as Permanant Captain this year. I am just not certain if he can score as well as Ablett,Swan or Pendlebury. Is this his year to become the new Ablett?

meow meow

Shane Tuck averaged more than Cotchin last year, and that includes being the sub in one game. The Cotchin hype is out of control around here. What's going to happen when Martin moves back into the mids, and Foley returns?

If you look at the 2nd half of the season you'll see that Dayne Beams is the new Ablett, yet nobody is touching him because of Luke Ball's return? Makes no sense.

blue

i think the cotchin hype has gone a bit mad as well

Ringo

would consider this a 90% risk - forget it.

Rowy

Thanks for the input guys. I needed the reality check

quinny88

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 05:54:23 PM
Shane Tuck averaged more than Cotchin last year, and that includes being the sub in one game. The Cotchin hype is out of control around here. What's going to happen when Martin moves back into the mids, and Foley returns?

If you look at the 2nd half of the season you'll see that Dayne Beams is the new Ablett, yet nobody is touching him because of Luke Ball's return? Makes no sense.

No he didn't? Cotchin averaged 116, tuck averaged 114.
Cotchin also averaged 124 after the mid season bye, he is now a captain and has just had his first full pre season. What's not to love?

quinny88

P.s I still don't think cotchin is sc captain material yet. Ablett or pendles

meow meow

Quote from: quinny88 on February 03, 2013, 07:07:37 PM
Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 05:54:23 PM

No he didn't? Cotchin averaged 116, tuck averaged 114.
Cotchin also averaged 124 after the mid season bye, he is now a captain and has just had his first full pre season. What's not to love?

Sorry, you're right. Tuck averaged more if you exclude his sub game.

Beams averaged 135 after his mid season bye. He had issues with his shins last preseason and missed round 1, started slowly because of it. I'd prefer Beams anyday.

TheAnt

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 07:19:23 PM
Beams averaged 135 after his mid season bye. He had issues with his shins last preseason and missed round 1, started slowly because of it. I'd prefer Beams anyday.
Your loss

Mykonos FC

The "Cotchin hype" is well warranted, he is a gun and will continue to improve in 2013.

tbagrocks

Meh, there's others that will improve as well, some had higher scores than the Cotch ;)

TheAnt

Cotchin is also entering his first full pre-season and his prime  ::)
The fact is he beat Ablett in the game they went head to head, that in itself just showed what he's capable off. he won't average as much as Ablett this year, we can rule that out, but his style is the closest to Ablett in the competition. His ability to burst from getting the inside ball, then recieving it on the outside is second to none.

meow meow

Quote from: TheAnt on February 03, 2013, 10:06:36 PM
The fact is he beat Ablett in the game they went head to head, that in itself just showed what he's capable off. he won't average as much as Ablett this year, we can rule that out, but his style is the closest to Ablett in the competition. His ability to burst from getting the inside ball, then recieving it on the outside is second to none.

It's second to Ablett...

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 10:09:53 PM

It's second to Ablett...
Completely agree!
Cotch still has a fair amount of improvement to go, he's not up to GAJ standards yet.

quinny88

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on February 03, 2013, 10:46:26 PM
Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 10:09:53 PM

It's second to Ablett...
Completely agree!
Cotch still has a fair amount of improvement to go, he's not up to GAJ standards yet.

Nope but he's 120k cheaper lol