Main Menu

Chappy

Started by Lozza, February 03, 2013, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lozza

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-03/brand-new-chappy

Not a starter but could definitely be an upgrade target later on.

essendon2

I'm seriously considering starting, I've got a hunch.
First full pre-season in years, pb in time trial, more MId Time, he's a consistent performer and is a jet

Four hunches:
Chappy will be just as good as Stevie Jay this season.
Grimes will go 95+ without injuries
Wright won't average more than 95
Harbrow will average 80+

Lozza

Yeah I see him doing well just don't think it's worth starting him when he's $502,600. Hopefully he can drop a bit and I can turn one of my midpricers (Embley, Knights, Byrnes) into him once they've ripened enough.

Adamant

Absolutely no chance of starting for me.

Might consider as an upgrade target if he is still maintaining that 95+ average.

hardnut

Quote from: essendon2 on February 03, 2013, 04:58:32 PM
I'm seriously considering starting, I've got a hunch.
First full pre-season in years, pb in time trial, more MId Time, he's a consistent performer and is a jet

Four hunches:
Chappy will be just as good as Stevie Jay this season.
Grimes will go 95+ without injuries
Wright won't average more than 95
Harbrow will average 80+

All reasonable hunches, do some ppl think Wright will go >95ppg? I'd be amazed if he does. Just not enough upside in Chappy ieven if the hunch is right it only gain you a POD but he wont exceed last year by too much even in a max case

Windigo

Would be a massive POD from the start.

Andrew

You just know he'll get rested in the 2nd half of the season. The only Geelong premium I'll upgrade to is Stevie J, because his ceiling is so high. But even then I'll be aiming for 7 premo forwards by seasons' end to cater for his rests.

It's hard to see how Chapman will get more midfield time with the inclusion of Caddy and the improvement of the many promising youngsters Geelong have. Regardless, he's the 3rd most expensive forward line player. Pass for me.

owenbond007

Quote from: Andrew on February 03, 2013, 07:24:58 PM
You just know he'll get rested in the 2nd half of the season. The only Geelong premium I'll upgrade to is Stevie J, because his ceiling is so high. But even then I'll be aiming for 7 premo forwards by seasons' end to cater for his rests.

It's hard to see how Chapman will get more midfield time with the inclusion of Caddy and the improvement of the many promising youngsters Geelong have. Regardless, he's the 3rd most expensive forward line player. Pass for me.

Dont think resting is a major concern with 2 trades a week. last 3 seasons he played 21 20 20 games.

Im thinking of starting n.revolt and doing a sneaky trade to chapman type player round 5.

Chelskiman

I didn't even have Chappy at all last season.  I did have plans to bring him in but every time I was ready to something else popped up. xD  Won't be starting him and, at this stage, I probably won't even be upgrading to him.  Of course, if he's averaging close to 100 then I'd be stupid not to jump on.