Not Considering Embley? Please Read This.

Started by Windigo, February 03, 2013, 03:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: Nails on February 03, 2013, 04:21:15 PM
Embley would need to average what like 20-25ppg more than 104K rook to earn you the same cash? Just guessing here...

I can't really back him in to do that... Since his best year was only 94 ave and his last 8 H&A games that season he averaged a measly 82.63
That's not it though, picking him means you want a higher score than a rookie each week that's why you pick him for score, not for the best cash the cash is a bonus and he'll be a higher price than a rook when you do go to cash him out

Nails

If you're thinking about starting Embley M5 you're in trouble son.

Might start Embley M7, see how pre-season goes...

Windigo

He is M6 for me.

Would rather Embley over another premium back.

Think about it, Embers can go 80-90, maybe even a few 100's around what most prem backs are scoring these days outside the G's. Rather  Embley.+Cash. Than say an Atley in defense and another rookie in the mids.

Nails

Yeah someone here was talking him as M5...

In past seasons 4 premo mids or 4 + 1 mid pricer has been standard in a 6 starting midfield...

If you're only 4 premos + 1 midpricer in 2013 you'll be in trouble early imo.

maanco

Your realy trying to sell him windi. Whats wrong with him :P

Holz

greta point windi. The only problem is with him now at m6 Its seems a waste having crouch and Viney on the bench as they will probably outsocre the starting back and forward rookies.

So really its Back Premo + Mid Rookie v Embley + Back rookie.

anyway i just trade out

Hartlett, Lonergan, Daw , Byrnes, K.Mitchell for Embley, Wines, Sylvia, Moller, Terlich i think that makes the team quite abit stronger.

Swan Ablett Cotchin Pendles Murphy Embley Wines Omeara (Viney, Crouch) is one awesome midfield. I have 4 forward and back premiums so its not like they are weak either. 

94 121 93 in his last 3 games im sold.

Swan 260 Ablett 125 Cotchin 120 Pendles 120 Murphy 110 Embley 85  thats 820 form just 6 players. so you have 18 players left that just need to combine for a 71 average and thats 2100 points.

Windigo

I'd agree with you on that, with more midfield spots means the game has changed.

5 premium mids+ a mid pricer with the two rookies seems the way to go. But who knows.  :P

My thinking is that the top 3 backs are quite clearly defined with the 3 G's and Stanley. The 4th option is up in the air.

Heppell, Hartlett, Broughton, Shaw, Suckling, Birchall, Hanley & Duffield.

Will come down to preference on who you'd choose next from those, ^.

Quote from: maanco on February 03, 2013, 05:01:21 PM
Your realy trying to sell him windi. Whats wrong with him :P

I get that a lot, I did sell alot of people with Golby last year..... :-X

Quote from: Holzman on February 03, 2013, 05:04:48 PM
greta point windi. The only problem is with him now at m6 Its seems a waste having crouch and Viney on the bench as they will probably outsocre the starting back and forward rookies.

So really its Back Premo + Mid Rookie v Embley + Back rookie.

anyway i just trade out

Hartlett, Lonergan, Daw , Byrnes, K.Mitchell for Embley, Wines, Sylvia, Moller, Terlich i think that makes the team quite abit stronger.

Swan Ablett Cotchin Pendles Murphy Embley Wines Omeara (Viney, Crouch) is one awesome midfield. I have 4 forward and back premiums so its not like they are weak either. 

Looks just like mine.  8)

Nails

Right now my premo/midpricers are lining up like this

Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs, Bock and Staker

Swan, GAJ, Jobe, Pendles, Redden, McLean

Roughead, Burger

Buddy, Rock, Rioli (or someone similarly priced) Knights

Don't really see room for Embley in there... woops, I'm not meant to be posting my team this season.

hardnut

Cooking with Embers! The guys going to go fine this year and avg close to or even more than 90 with Gaff getting opposition attention. Crazy not to grab him.

Ziplock

I'm running with 1 premium, 4 mid pricers and 3 rookies in my midfield.

having a stacked midfield offers you no advantage, except through having more back up captaincy options. The only rookies I have on the field are those 3 in the mids, and I've got no issue with my set up. If anything, stacking your midfield gives you a disadvantage, since the best rookies at this stage are all looking like mids, your cash generation is going to be slower, and since you've stacked the midfield, you're going to be running more rookies on field increasing your chances of getting green/ red vested.

Basically, the myth that you have to stack your midfield with premiums is complete bs. The way the pricing and magic number works means that all you need is 1, maybe 2 premium mids for captaincy options, and after that do whatever the flower you want, you've got as much of a chance of winning as anyone else, providing you nail players who don't decrease their average, and snag a couple that increase.

Nails

Having a stacked midfield helps heaps...

If you don't have a stacked midfield you can't keep up with the other teams early, you fall too far of the pace.

The best rookies always "look like" mids, but generally never are...

Stacked Midfield = 20-30ppg from each midfielder over your midpricers/rooks... You'll be losing 150-200ppw. I tried a non-stacked midpriced midfield similar to what you're doing this year. It doesn't work.

Capper

wont start him but due to DTs 2 trades per week, i will look at him either R2 or R3

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Ziplock on February 03, 2013, 05:09:56 PM

having a stacked midfield offers you no advantage, except through having more back up captaincy options. The only rookies I have on the field are those 3 in the mids, and I've got no issue with my set up. If anything, stacking your midfield gives you a disadvantage, since the best rookies at this stage are all looking like mids, your cash generation is going to be slower, and since you've stacked the midfield, you're going to be running more rookies on field increasing your chances of getting green/ red vested.

Basically, the myth that you have to stack your midfield with premiums is complete bs. The way the pricing and magic number works means that all you need is 1, maybe 2 premium mids for captaincy options, and after that do whatever the flower you want, you've got as much of a chance of winning as anyone else, providing you nail players who don't decrease their average, and snag a couple that increase.
+1 Midfield is where the best rookies are at and therefore where you make your cash. Forward rookies are looking ordinary this year, backs may be ok.

Adamant

Quote from: Nails on February 03, 2013, 05:09:03 PM
Right now my premo/midpricers are lining up like this

Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs, Bock and Staker

Swan, GAJ, Jobe, Pendles, Redden, McLean

Roughead, Burger

Buddy, Rock, Rioli (or someone similarly priced) Knights

Don't really see room for Embley in there... woops, I'm not meant to be posting my team this season.

McLean? :o

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 03, 2013, 05:09:56 PM

every year most of the top 100 teams come round 5-6 have a stacked midfield. I always go a stacked midfield and its the only way to come out of the blocks fast but its the most reliable way i have found.

I have 5 premo + embley i still have Wines Omeara Crouch Viney sure im missing out on some good mid rookies. However i plan on trading out my biggest BE mid premo round 3 to the lowest BE mid rokie than trade back the week after. Making 50k in the process. While i still get the premo socres for the first 2 rounds.