Not Considering Embley? Please Read This.

Started by Windigo, February 03, 2013, 03:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: Nails on February 03, 2013, 07:38:33 PM
Quote from: Andrew on February 03, 2013, 07:21:01 PM
If Embley played anywhere else but in the West, he'd be rated so much higher by people... I can't believe the ignorance going around about this premiership winning/Norm Smith medal winning star. So no more threads like this, Windigo, everyone else can pay $80k more for Luke Ball for similar scores..!

I'd be interested to know if there are Eagles supporters NOT locking him in at the start?

I can pay 150K less and get "similar scores"
Let me know who these guys are ill put them in too   ;) 

Chelskiman

Tossing up between him and Knights.  Both similar prices.  If I went Embers he would be M6 and if I went Knights he would be F5.  Decisions, decisions...

Holz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 03, 2013, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: Nails on February 03, 2013, 07:38:33 PM
Quote from: Andrew on February 03, 2013, 07:21:01 PM
If Embley played anywhere else but in the West, he'd be rated so much higher by people... I can't believe the ignorance going around about this premiership winning/Norm Smith medal winning star. So no more threads like this, Windigo, everyone else can pay $80k more for Luke Ball for similar scores..!

I'd be interested to know if there are Eagles supporters NOT locking him in at the start?

I can pay 150K less and get "similar scores"
Let me know who these guys are ill put them in too   ;)

embley will outscore every rookie easy. That is unless we get Barlow 2.0. But than I will have Embley and Barlow 2.0

Nails

A rookie scored 96.2 last season (Greene)

That's higher than Embley's best ever season. There's a pretty good chance at least 1 rook will get within 10ppg.

henry

I've had Embley all pre season at M5. After reading some of these comments though I'm thinking that my mid is too weak. I'm sticking with that structure with stacked defs and backs (1 back rookie on field, 0 fwd ones) as I reckon the mid rookies are clearly the strongest of the bunch so far. X Ellis is however competing with Embley, will have a look at how they go over the NAB. Some interesting thoughts in this thread.

Windigo

Love Ellis as well Henry, only one you call him X Factor Ellis his been cursed for another year.  :P

- Glad to see this thread has generated lots of discussion.  8)

Adamant

Quote from: Windigo on February 03, 2013, 09:49:07 PM
Love Ellis as well Henry, only one you call him X Factor Ellis his been cursed for another year.  :P

- Glad to see this thread has generated lots of discussion.  8)

Haha, Ellis was Windi's man from last year.

You were talking up Ellis, Golby and Gray, but only started Golby I think?

Windigo

He was the only one who played round one.  :-X

Holz

Quote from: Nails on February 03, 2013, 09:01:12 PM

That's higher than Embley's best ever season. There's a pretty good chance at least 1 rook will get within 10ppg.

that may be true but even teams with 5 premos and embley will have 2 starting mid rookies. Basically you need 3 guys than to avergae close to embley to say embley was a bad pick, as if 2 come out and kill it I will be able to start them too.

Even if someone does jump out like a greene I will be starting him too.

I hope people dont pick him up though a bigger advantage for me.

Hagebear

He's a proven DT footballer, Dominated during the finals, and is as fit as he's as fit as he's ever been. At 245k's he's in my team for now.

Chelskiman

Just brought him into my side now as it was getting the better of me.  My mids are now Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Redden, Murphy and Embley.  I'm really liking the look of it.

Windigo

Quote from: Holzman on February 03, 2013, 10:07:20 PM

that may be true but even teams with 5 premos and embley will have 2 starting mid rookies. Basically you need 3 guys than to avergae close to embley to say embley was a bad pick, as if 2 come out and kill it I will be able to start them too.

Even if someone does jump out like a greene I will be starting him too.

I hope people dont pick him up though a bigger advantage for me.

That may be out the window now.  :P

Adamant

Hmm, I really want him, but not sure how I'd fit him in...

My current midfield looks like:

Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Fyfe + rooks.

The only way to squeeze Embley in at M6 is to either downgrade Heppell (D4) to a rook or Byrnes (F5) to a rook. :-\

Windigo

Not worth it unless your certain that Embley+a D4 rookie will outscore Heppell & a M6 rookie.

That's how I'd look at it.

A F5 rookie maybe....If it's Staker or Mac perhaps.  :-\

Andrew

Greene started the 2012 season at $134k last year, correct? That's only $130k cheaper than Embley's 2013 price. But if you're talking about this years' rookies, they'd be further inflated than that example, maybe more like $150k.

And yet all that being said, why not have both the gun rookie and Embley..? Strange, but all the better for those who do pick him.