Not Considering Embley? Please Read This.

Started by Windigo, February 03, 2013, 03:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-03/embley-runs-careerbest-timetrial

Posted a career best in the 2km time trial.

"Andrew started this pre-season in the Eagles' remote program, but he has made a statement since returning to the main group."

"Midfield coach Scott Burns said Embley, is inoutstanding shape two weeks before West Coast's NAB Cup opener."

"Those two boys (Rosa & Embers), physically right now, are probably in the best nick they’ve been in since I've been here."

Kellogscrunchynut

Spinking

Not bad for a bloke just shy of his 32nd birthday.  Also had a career best season in 2011 in terms of DT before missing most of 2012. One of those blokes who gets better with age...

Hadn't considered him, but is now on the radar.

Nige

Might downgrade someone in my midfield to Embers and then use the cash to upgrade someone like Varcoe to a premo forward.

Nails

Being at your fittest pre-season doesn't always mean great things...

You can be fitter than ever, but the older you are the quicker you drop fitness and easier you fatigue during the season. i.e. You need to be less fit as a 25yo imo to keep up with a more fit 30+ yo...

Or am I just talking out of my anus?

I can't afford him anyway, 6 starting premos for me in the mids + mid pricers in ruck, backs and fwds.

Windigo

People shouldn't be just changing there minds about getting him now that you've read this. You should have been reading to further verify/justify/solidify his spot in your midfield.

At his price he is an absolute steal, best mid pricer of them all. Name another who comes close?  ;)

Football Factory

Good stuff Windy  .. one of few midpricers that have stayed in my team since making a fanplanner team months ago

maanco

How long has Scott Burns been at the club though?

Windigo

Noz

I hope they give Embley some game time in the NAB cup and not rely on youngsters.

Nails

Embley would need to average what like 20-25ppg more than 104K rook to earn you the same cash? Just guessing here...

I can't really back him in to do that... Since his best year was only 94 ave and his last 8 H&A games that season he averaged a measly 82.63

Windigo

He won't be around for the last 8 games.  ???

If he does stink it up early, a quick swap out to the best performing rookie, no worries.

maanco

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on February 03, 2013, 04:24:54 PM
He won't be around for the last 8 games.  ???

If he does stink it up early, a quick swap out to the best performing rookie, no worries.
couldnt have said it better myself .. i feel more confident fielding Embley(+2 rooks) than having three rooks starting

Holz

Dam windi I knew he was one of the guys who could make or break you this year. I decided to play it safe and went with cotchin at M5 instead of him but reading this i might have to reconsider.

actually cotchin down to fyfe and Wines to Embley is possible

The question is

Cotchin + Wines v Fyfe + Embley