LF`s Dreamteam Finished 220 overall

Started by LF, February 03, 2013, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is actually my 4th or 5th draft had to do a bit of moving around to get Ablett in.
I tried to go with a fully stacked forward line but my backline and mids suffered terrribly so I chucked macaffer in.
Not sure if Stevenson is in Ports best 22.
All rookies are subject to NAB cup and round 1 selection.
only have $4900 cash left.

Windigo

Nice looking team LF.

Only I' not keen on the Christo selection TBH. Would prefer Colin Sylvia for around the same price. I reckon Pendles offers better value than Beams IMO.

Like that your not being (to quote/paraphrase Jukes) 'a sheep' and going with Goldstein.

I would like Swanny & GAJ, but that's just my particular preference.  :P

LF

Christo is possibly subject to NAB performance and I'll see where he fits in.
It has been said he will get more midfield time that's what I'm hoping for.

Windigo

Has the potential to breakout for sure.  8)

Master Q

Backs are quite unique with Stanley and Hanley. Not sure why you didn't get Goddard though, plays Melbourne Round 2 which is a bonus as well.

Midfield stock standard and solid. Have you considered going Cotchin --> Murphy?

Berger a nice pick. Not sure about Belly, what are your thoughts on him?

Forward line is strong. However don't think I'll be touching Robbo this year, just too inconsistent for me.

Overall - Not a bad team. Few tweaks here and there and could be a very strong team heading into Round 1.

LF

Thanks Q
Considered Goddard but like Christo i'd like to see him playing first in his new team and i always like to upgrade to him plus I like unique.
Bellchambers is something different I'm keeping an eye on his NAB cup plus if he doesn't work I can always flip Coxy up to my rucks or turn him into Nic Nat later.
Robbo still has a question mark on him.I started with him last year despite the question marks on him then but he does nearly give me a heart attack when he goes in to get the ball I'll also watch him during NAB cup to see what Mick has install for him.

LF

Revised my team slightly
Christensen--> Lecras
Staker-->Dick
McCaffer-->Varcoe
Beams-->Pendles
moved Colquhoun (at the expense of Wines) to mids and brought in Goodes to backs
$19,100 cash left.

SydneyRox

nice team LF. stanley over bj is a big call

LF

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 06, 2013, 01:56:52 AM
nice team LF. stanley over bj is a big call
Thanks SydneyRox
I didn`t start with him last year either.
I`ll just get BJ in later as an upgrade.Besides I like to be a bit different.

Windigo

Godd & Stanley would be good. I reckon Stanley is forgotten premium down back and is legitimate & strong POD.

LF

Loaded my forwardline a bit more decided to go cheaper in the backline and hope it pays off.

Byrnes-->Siposs
Lee-->MacCaffer
Grimes-->Staker

Also considering
LeCras-->Josh Kennedy
which would leave $264k

also toying with
LeCras-->Kennedy
Pittard or Staker-->Pearce,Atley,Russell(would like to see where he fits into the Pies tho)

Jukes

Siposs. Great unique imo, should take over Goddard's QB role and great chance at going 85+.
Can't fault any of your rookies, except I'd go Daniher, Neade or Lee over Dick. Can't see Brad breaking into the eagles 22 unless they have an injury plague ala Essendon 2012.
Bellchambers is a great ruck, I'm rolling with him atm. Great shot at breaking into the super-premo ruck category at 95+ if Ryder and Hille keep out of his way.

Dislikes/Concerns
Not going with Goddard is a huge risk. Could go back to a 105+ average.
With your money I'd defs go Swan over Ablett. Should average like 10-15 more imo.
LeCras a bit expensive for my liking, don't think he'll put on much money. Would defs use your spare cash to upgrade him to, Martin?

Ratings
Backs: 7.5/10
Mids: 8.75/10
Rucks: 8.1/10
Forwards: 9.25/10
Overall: 8.4/10

LF

Went Dick-->McInnes
McInnes should get some early games with Nic Nat out
But will keep my eye on Neade

LeCras will be totally dependant on the NAB cup

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-02-03/embley-in-careerbest-shape

He said forwards Mark LeCras and Josh Hill were both capable of pushing up the ground, while defender Sam Butler could also fit into the midfield mix at times.     

"Internal competition's great and it's holding us in good stead with the quality of our training right now," Burns said.

"I would hope in the next four to six weeks that will step up again.

"We know Butler's a premiership wingman and he's looking strong.

"We've got LeCras coming back from injury and we know that he's played some A-grade games in the midfield, so he's certainly got the capabilities.

"Josh Hill is covering the ground significantly better than last year, so he could come up higher.

"We have got quite a lot of depth in the midfield, but it's pretty hard to fit 16 blokes into probably 10 spots.

GM

Even without having Goddard ,Jukes, 7.5/10 is a bit harsh.

Jukes

Quote from: greenmoon on February 09, 2013, 06:36:45 PM
Even without having Goddard ,Jukes, 7.5/10 is a bit harsh.

95% of the time a defence has 3 premiums and nothing else I give it a 7.5/10. Even if it had Goddard, Gibbs and Heppell (imo the three best d premo picks) I'd give it an absolute maximum 7.75/10.