Daniel Wells

Started by colmullet, February 02, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

Anyone think this guy can come out this year and finally deliver something special? For some reason my gut is thinking he actually might.....please tell me i'm crazy :p

kilbluff1985

yep crazy

not sure on his price but better picking a younger guy more chance of improving

colmullet

yeahhhhh never mind i found a way to turn him into Jack....feel much better hahaha

SydneyRox

Quote from: colmullet on February 02, 2013, 11:09:04 PM
Anyone think this guy can come out this year and finally deliver something special? For some reason my gut is thinking he actually might.....please tell me i'm crazy :p

you need locking up!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 03, 2013, 12:38:15 AM
Quote from: colmullet on February 02, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

you need locking up!

think he just forgot to take his pills today lol

Jay

Interesting, but no - glad you found a way to get Jack instead ;D

bottlemart

Wells has actually played some very good football in the past 2 years, perhaps finally living up to his potential. 

He very rarely gets tackled and his run and use of the ball is very good, but his possession numbers and his SC scores are more similar to that of Cyril, than that of Ablett, Swan, Kennedy and Watson, therefore his SC numbers on average are lower than those elite mids.

His supercoach average in 2011 was 104, and in 2012 was 98, a calf injury late in 2012 season bringing his average below 100 that year.

He is capable of big scores.  In the past 2 years he has posted scores of 180, 175, 152, 143, and 139, which can be scores that win games for you.  You will notice Cyril sometimes gets these massive scores aswell.  Thats the sort of players they are.

If Wells had DDP as defender or forward (similar to Cyril), he would be a good option, but purely as a mid I would say there are better more reliable options.

I like watching wells as a player and I have had him before in SC.  He can provide huge scores, but i think for the extra cash, Jack will be a safer option.

tbagrocks

Picking Wells you get two for one

If you pick Wells you get Jack ;D