Travis Cloke

Started by quinny88, February 02, 2013, 09:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

lol think i was telling people to start him over Zorko for that Essendon game knowing Fletcher was out but nobody listened

Jay

Quote from: ronl on February 02, 2013, 09:21:50 PM
I made a solemn to myself  never, ever, ever, ever again.  Banned for a thousand lifetimes.
same here. Burnt be badly last year :'(

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 02, 2013, 09:37:54 PM
If Franklin, Pavlich, Nic Nat, Cox, Rocky all hit what they have in recent years, SJ and Daisy are near their best and as expected, Ryder plays 20 games, Walker improves even slightly and that's without a breakout from a Dusty or Wright ect

Cloke will be losing 10 ppg to the better forwards, that's just to much. He could be used as a money maker hoping a Franklin or Nic Nat drop in price for a quick swap which is a poiiability with 30 trades

Yeah it's a good point tbag but those guys don't start at 430k.. That's the selling point

quinny88

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 01:57:14 AM
In 2012 Cloke scored over 100 six times. Let's have a look at those games.

Round 2 - Richmond - 117
Round 4: Port Adelaide - 126
Round 10 - Gold Coast - 127
Round 11 - Melbourne - 107
Round 18 - GWS - 122
Round 23 - Essendon (without Dustin) - 159

WOW. He can beat up on shower teams and Cale Hooker. Let's have a look at how he went against teams who finished in the finals.

Hawthorn - 97 and 29
Adelaide - 26
Sydney - 85
Geelong - 73 and 43
West Coast - 89 and 53
Fremantle - 49
North - 47

I would have a real good look at Collingwood's draw to see if Cloke is a good choice.

North, Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon to start the season isn't exactly a walk in the park. Then comes the Saints who will struggle. Freo, Geelong and Sydney will all provide a tough challenge.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port looks like a purple patch in rounds 10-14.

Carlton and Adelaide should be reasonably tough, followed by GC and GWS which he should feast on.

Essendon followed by Sydney, Hawks, Eagles and finally North is a tough way to close out the season.

Cloke looks like he'll drop even lower in price, and it will be good to bring him in after round 9 for less than 400K and watch him destroy 6 of the weakest teams in the next 8 weeks. Then he'll screw you in the finals.

Very interesting stats meow, thanks for that.
I do however consider last season a one off for cloke and if anyone were to consider him they would have to buy into the fact that he had a one off bad year due to the contract circus. If you look at his tons from the season before, he scored well against good teams as well and some big scores in the finals.
In 2012, Despite making a prelim final, collingwood as a team never really looked anywhere near their best. I think collingwood will win the flag in 2013 though and that would mean cloke has to be at his best, which I think he will be

Jay

Round 2 - Richmond - 117
Round 18 - GWS - 122

WOW. He can beat up on shower teams and Cale Hooker. Let's have a look at how he went against teams who finished in the finals.

Hawthorn - 97 and 29
Adelaide - 26
Sydney - 85
Geelong - 73 and 43
West Coast - 89 and 53
Fremantle - 49
North - 47

I would have a real good look at Collingwood's draw to see if Cloke is a good choice.

North, Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon to start the season isn't exactly a walk in the park. Then comes the Saints who will struggle. Freo, Geelong and Sydney will all provide a tough challenge.

Carlton and Adelaide should be reasonably tough, followed by GC and GWS which he should feast on.

Essendon followed by Sydney, Hawks, Eagles and finally North is a tough way to close out the season.

Cloke looks like he'll drop even lower in price, and it will be good to bring him in after round 9 for less than 400K and watch him destroy 6 of the weakest teams in the next 8 weeks. Then he'll screw you in the finals.

Great post Meow - dont want to pick someone who will turn into a spud in finals time!

nrich102

Too much of a risk for me

bowyanger

Quote from: quinny88 on February 03, 2013, 01:16:40 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 02, 2013, 09:37:54 PM
If Franklin, Pavlich, Nic Nat, Cox, Rocky all hit what they have in recent years, SJ and Daisy are near their best and as expected, Ryder plays 20 games, Walker improves even slightly and that's without a breakout from a Dusty or Wright ect

Cloke will be losing 10 ppg to the better forwards, that's just to much. He could be used as a money maker hoping a Franklin or Nic Nat drop in price for a quick swap which is a poiiability with 30 trades

Yeah it's a good point tbag but those guys don't start at 430k.. That's the selling point

I agree with everything youve posted in this thread Quinny.

Daisy, Pav and Nic Nat have had no pre season, Cox is old, Franklin has taken over the circus MC role this year and SJ ? Dustbin can be just as inconsistant.

The Carringbush have a far more dominant midfield and attacking backline than most other forwards which means Cloke is going to have a serious amount of supply...

Another thing about Clokes form last year not mentioned was the new coach, playstyle and injuries to important team mates. All strong factors in a FWDS output.

The bloke is a monster, footy is a confidence game...I went and watched Hawks and Pies in Rd 18 or something and he was shot..he didnt want to be there...everyone was abusing him over the fence...turn that around with a bit of cheering and we know what he is capable of.

Ive shortlisted Cloke and have him way ahead of Ears Walker...maybe 10 rounds ahead!

tbagrocks

Lol this guy is deluded ^^^  ???

Haha I hope you do, make it easyer for me to climb the rankings ;)

Cloke has never been close to scoring what Taylor did last year, and last year was just a warm up for Taylor ;D

bowyanger

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 11:06:11 PM
Lol this guy is deluded ^^^  ???

Haha I hope you do, make it easyer for me to climb the rankings ;)

Cloke has never been close to scoring what Taylor did last year, and last year was just a warm up for Taylor ;D

Haha

If Im deluded then Im really unsure what your condition is translated to in medical terms....would it be "Texpsychosis"

I went fishing and got me one..so easy

Im getting sick of that head showing up in every thread though...If I was Tex I would be worried about you...very worried

tbagrocks

Right so you're claming to be a troll? ???

Com'on mate if someone says Cloke will score better than Walker of course I will defend the comment, but I don't fish so save your games for the sporting field, or is it a chess board in your case :o

bowyanger

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 11:22:27 PM
Right so you're claming to be a troll? ???

Com'on mate if someone says Cloke will score better than Walker of course I will defend the comment, but I don't fish so save your games for the sporting field, or is it a chess board in your case :o

Trololol

where does it say Cloke will score better than Tex?

I actually hinted that I would be looking at starting Cloke and getting Tex at round 10 or so...but not to disapoint you and validate your post with a nice red confrimed stamp

Cloke will score better than Tex!! ;D ;D ;D

Just boo me everyday for the next month

I dont mind

tbagrocks

Nice plan! By then Taylor will be 150 points in front though, but I totally didn't get that from your post

You blatently confessed to be fishing for a rage comment mate, do you expect me of all people to take that lying down ???

Haha you don't think I boo'd do you ??? it seems someone else has disagreed with you :o

Ringo

Quote from: Dudge on February 03, 2013, 02:42:09 AM

Round 2 - Richmond - 117
Round 18 - GWS - 122

Hawthorn - 97 and 29
Adelaide - 26
Sydney - 85
Geelong - 73 and 43
West Coast - 89 and 53
Fremantle - 49
North - 47

Food for thought meow, definately got me  thinking, may well be a good option  later on
I would wait till the game after Brisbane - He has not scored over 100 against Brisbane apart from the 131 when McKeever was on him. Sauce will be back to his rightful defence and will keep Cloke under control.

S_Coach99

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 11:40:10 PM
Nice plan! By then Taylor will be 150 points in front though, but I totally didn't get that from your post

You blatently confessed to be fishing for a rage comment mate, do you expect me of all people to take that lying down ???

Haha you don't think I boo'd do you ??? it seems someone else has disagreed with you :o

Stop hijacking every players thread into a romantic love story about you and Tex.

tbagrocks

I will, when people stop dismissing players fro South Australia simply because they are fro South Australia

I don't know how more clearly I can explain it, but really I don't care, Taylor will challenge the best for the top SC scoring forwards if you choose not to believe the hype then I still don't care, just gives me an advantage

I'm just trying to help people and stop them making huge mistakes like taking Cloke (unless a clear plan to upgrade him) over a guy that will easily ave over 100, you don't have to listen to me but don't say in September I didn't warn you ;)

Yeah I have a huge man crush on Taylor but it's justified, I know what he has done, I know what he will do, I know what he is capable of and i'm just trying to sare that with the community

You all think Steve J is such a lock, this guy has as much talent but like much bigger, don't believe me? Fine

Just watch him this year, tell me in September I was wrong :o  good luck with that!