Travis Cloke

Started by quinny88, February 02, 2013, 09:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Just about the most talked about footballer last season but since he has re-signed with the pies I haven't heard a peep about him.
Anyone know how he is travelling? Any post season surgery or injuries? Is he training well?

Strongly considering him in my side. The contract issues and his own indecisive mind were the major factors in his poor season last year, yet he still averaged 81 playing the worst he possibly could. I think he and his team will return to their best in the 2013 season and his average should return to 95+.
He sits at $436,300 which is a bargain for a guy that should average over 95. He is a contested marking machine at his best, although the new glove rules may have an affect on his confidence. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Are people still bitter at the torment he put them through last year or is he worth another shot?

tbagrocks

95 will not be enough to be near the top 6 scorers but that's assuming he can find his best

ronl

I made a solemn to myself  never, ever, ever, ever again.  Banned for a thousand lifetimes.

quinny88

Quote from: ronl on February 02, 2013, 09:21:50 PM
I made a solemn to myself  never, ever, ever, ever again.  Banned for a thousand lifetimes.

I would understand that if it was because he went through one injury after the other or always got suspended or something but he doesnt, he only had one bad year and everyone knows it was all because of that stupid contract circus which is now in the past.

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 02, 2013, 09:18:19 PM
95 will not be enough to be near the top 6 scorers but that's assuming he can find his best

No 95 wont be top 6 tbag but as far as 'bang for your buck' goes, 95 is a very good D6 in your finished side for a guy you only paid 436k for

tbagrocks

If Franklin, Pavlich, Nic Nat, Cox, Rocky all hit what they have in recent years, SJ and Daisy are near their best and as expected, Ryder plays 20 games, Walker improves even slightly and that's without a breakout from a Dusty or Wright ect

Cloke will be losing 10 ppg to the better forwards, that's just to much. He could be used as a money maker hoping a Franklin or Nic Nat drop in price for a quick swap which is a poiiability with 30 trades

Speculator

Tssstt 30 trades. What a joke.

Peter

T Dog

locked as f4 in S/C and D/T  8)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Peter on February 02, 2013, 09:54:52 PM
Excellent value

+1 just sucks he shares the round 13 bye has been in and out of my teams

NFI Police

One to watch closely I reckon...not sure how he will combine with Q stick, both seem to like long searching leads...at this stage no glove = no love

Presto

Quote from: quinny88 on February 02, 2013, 09:25:42 PM
Quote from: ronl on February 02, 2013, 09:21:50 PM

I would understand that if it was because he went through one injury after the other or always got suspended or something but he doesnt, he only had one bad year and everyone knows it was all because of that stupid contract circus which is now in the past.

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 02, 2013, 09:18:19 PM

No 95 wont be top 6 tbag but as far as 'bang for your buck' goes, 95 is a very good D6 in your finished side for a guy you only paid 436k for

You mean: he only had one good year, not to mention that he now needs to adjust to new gloves or no gloves at all.
At the most he is a risk not worth it

SydneyRox

just too many question marks for me to start with him

meow meow

In 2012 Cloke scored over 100 six times. Let's have a look at those games.

Round 2 - Richmond - 117
Round 4: Port Adelaide - 126
Round 10 - Gold Coast - 127
Round 11 - Melbourne - 107
Round 18 - GWS - 122
Round 23 - Essendon (without Dustin) - 159

WOW. He can beat up on shower teams and Cale Hooker. Let's have a look at how he went against teams who finished in the finals.

Hawthorn - 97 and 29
Adelaide - 26
Sydney - 85
Geelong - 73 and 43
West Coast - 89 and 53
Fremantle - 49
North - 47

I would have a real good look at Collingwood's draw to see if Cloke is a good choice.

North, Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon to start the season isn't exactly a walk in the park. Then comes the Saints who will struggle. Freo, Geelong and Sydney will all provide a tough challenge.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port looks like a purple patch in rounds 10-14.

Carlton and Adelaide should be reasonably tough, followed by GC and GWS which he should feast on.

Essendon followed by Sydney, Hawks, Eagles and finally North is a tough way to close out the season.

Cloke looks like he'll drop even lower in price, and it will be good to bring him in after round 9 for less than 400K and watch him destroy 6 of the weakest teams in the next 8 weeks. Then he'll screw you in the finals.

SydneyRox

Nice research MM. makes me glad i trust my gut

Dudge

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 01:57:14 AM
In 2012 Cloke scored over 100 six times. Let's have a look at those games.

Round 2 - Richmond - 117
Round 4: Port Adelaide - 126
Round 10 - Gold Coast - 127
Round 11 - Melbourne - 107
Round 18 - GWS - 122
Round 23 - Essendon (without Dustin) - 159

WOW. He can beat up on shower teams and Cale Hooker. Let's have a look at how he went against teams who finished in the finals.

Hawthorn - 97 and 29
Adelaide - 26
Sydney - 85
Geelong - 73 and 43
West Coast - 89 and 53
Fremantle - 49
North - 47

I would have a real good look at Collingwood's draw to see if Cloke is a good choice.

North, Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon to start the season isn't exactly a walk in the park. Then comes the Saints who will struggle. Freo, Geelong and Sydney will all provide a tough challenge.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port looks like a purple patch in rounds 10-14.

Carlton and Adelaide should be reasonably tough, followed by GC and GWS which he should feast on.

Essendon followed by Sydney, Hawks, Eagles and finally North is a tough way to close out the season.

Cloke looks like he'll drop even lower in price, and it will be good to bring him in after round 9 for less than 400K and watch him destroy 6 of the weakest teams in the next 8 weeks. Then he'll screw you in the finals.

Food for thought meow, definately got me  thinking, may well be a good option  later on