Heath Shaw

Started by bachar43, February 02, 2013, 08:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bachar43

I've seen many teams on the forum, none of which have Heath Shaw in the Backline. Do you guys think he will be on the decline this year ?

I'm kind of confused between Shaw, Heppel and Broughton.

Spinking

Of those you've mentioned, I'd lean towards Heppell. Shaw and Broughton have serious history of being a rollercoaster in terms of DT points. They will both produce good scores from time to time, but its the other weeks that turn people off.

Jukes

Totally agree with spink. I rode the Shaw rollercoaster last season and it was horrible, and I'm sure it was the same for Broughton.

If Shaw can regain his 2011 form and hit a 90 average (+8) he would be a good pick, may monitor somewhat pre-season.

Heppell is a lock for me though at this stage. Mid-80s first two seasons, with more midfield time this season a very good chance to go 92+.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-young-gun-dyson-heppell-looking-to-influence-play-further-up-the-ground/story-fnelctok-1226548524216
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/01/27/watson-tips-heppell-switch-to-midfield/

Windigo

Shaw is always an upgrade or even never a possibility in my team. Been burnt a few times with him.  :P

Heppell will be a safe solid pick for any side. Reckon he could pip Grimes for a spot if he has a good NAB outing.  8)

nrich102

Shaw is an idiot, he will do something stupid or get 'Injured' every year

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on February 02, 2013, 11:09:13 PM
Shaw is an idiot, he will do something stupid or get 'Injured' every year

+1

Ricochet

Was a thread on him not that long ago. Have a look here from some more comments and thoughts bud
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,70925.0.html

Justin Bieber

Jukes

Justin Bieber

upthemaidens

With unlimited trades he may be worth a punt,, then when he puts $10 on some stupid bet and get suspended for 6 weeks you can just trade him out without to many problems..
  Hes much more a SC player, personally wont be touching him in either comp.

SydneyRox

heppel for me as well. am toying with the GB train, but dont trust shaw. Smile when i see my opponents have him

nrich102

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2013, 01:09:06 AM
With unlimited trades he may be worth a punt,, then when he puts $10 on some stupid bet and get suspended for 6 weeks you can just trade him out without to many problems.
Yeah, but he wont average over 79

upthemaidens

Quote from: nrich102 on February 03, 2013, 09:46:26 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2013, 01:09:06 AM
With unlimited trades he may be worth a punt,, then when he puts $10 on some stupid bet and get suspended for 6 weeks you can just trade him out without to many problems.
Yeah, but he wont average over 79
yeah maybe..   I wont be touching him, but for anyones else he could be worth a punt :P

Artax

I've taken Hep but will also ride the Gregory rollercoaster yet again. Can't wait.