Dustin Martin Average

Started by melon101, February 02, 2013, 06:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Franklin: Argurably not many serious team are going with him early.
Cox: Won't be going up anytime soon you wouldn't think.
Chapman: Having a godd pre-season. A number of reason on 'why' not to pick him.
Johnson
Bartel: Was in a moon boot all preseason ,stress fracture in foot.
Pavlich Won't play NAB, had like 3 surgeries.
Zorko: Who knows what 2013 will bring for him.
Rockliff Duh.  ::)
Thomas Well documented injury.
Robinson: No reason not to pick him.

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on February 03, 2013, 10:24:44 PM
Franklin: Argurably not many serious team are going with him early.
Cox: Won't be going up anytime soon you wouldn't think.
Chapman: Having a godd pre-season. A number of reason on 'why' not to pick him.
Johnson
Bartel: Was in a moon boot all preseason ,stress fracture in foot.
Pavlich Won't play NAB, had like 3 surgeries.
Zorko: Who knows what 2013 will bring for him.
Rockliff Duh.  ::)
Thomas Well documented injury.
Robinson: No reason not to pick him.
So does that mean you think he's a top 6 forward or not ?   Im tempted try to convince me  :)

Windigo

Haha, I'll give it my best shot.

Franklin ~ Will maintain average of around 98-102. Don't think he can lift his average. How can he when he needed 200 to get to his current average?  ???

Cox: Body is aging and at 512K the only way is down, or a plateau for Cox. Don't see him slaying out the 105+ average of a few years back.

Chapman: Believe the trend, will continue to dip in average again. Or at least maintain the 90+ average. Risky.

Johnson: Either scores big, or gets a rudimentary 80-95. Robbo had more tons than him last year.

Bartel: No pre-season, the trend wil contiue with his average. No upside you'd think.

Pavlich: is bulletproof, but 3 surgeries and no NAB? Surely you can't have him in?  ???

Zorko: No real justification NOT to pick him. But does half a season constitute premium?

Rockliff.  ::)

Thomas: Might not be ready for round one.//

Robinson: Nothing against him really, his hand injury may have diminished his scoring last year, but that's up for debate...

The pick of the bunch are Stevie J, Rock, Robbo & Franklin. Maybe Zorko if your a fan.

Then you have dustbin, we know from past seasons that he has averaged more than what he did last year. So its fair to say that he could match that previous average and then some. Potentially making him a value pick if you reckon he can get back to his 2011 level standard.

Football Factory

Im believing  ;D  i just need an extra 200k now can you ring VS and ask .. thanks buddy

Edit:  i only need 150k

Windigo

I don't have that much influence.  :P

Bones Bombers

The question for me is Martin or Goldstein? With Cox in the other position.

Toga

Quote from: Bones Bombers on February 03, 2013, 11:07:00 PM

??? are you talking about Stef Martin? ???

Holz

Quote from: Toga on February 04, 2013, 12:23:25 PM

im sure he is talking about dustin martin. with either Goldy + Burger in the ruck and Cox up front. or Cox and Burger in the ruck and Dustin Martin up front.

I think go Goldy i can see goldy averaging around the same as martin, but having cox up front gives you that added flexibility.

Toga

Quote from: Holzman on February 04, 2013, 12:24:59 PM
Quote from: Toga on February 04, 2013, 12:23:25 PM

im sure he is talking about dustin martin. with either Goldy + Burger in the ruck and Cox up front. or Cox and Burger in the ruck and Dustin Martin up front.

I think go Goldy i can see goldy averaging around the same as martin, but having cox up front gives you that added flexibility.

Oh right, thanks lol :P

Yeah I tend to agree with Holz, probably go Goldy although I'm staying away from him.

Ricochet

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2013, 12:49:24 PM
Dusty v Zorko?

Something that's been bugging me. I'm just not sure whether Zorko can back up his second half of 2012, so for some reason I'm feeling like Dusty is the 'safe' option! :o

Holz

Dusty v Zorko?

i just dont like paying that much for a guy who has only played half a season, no matter how good it was.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on February 04, 2013, 01:02:47 PM
Dusty v Zorko?

Something that's been bugging me. I'm just not sure whether Zorko can back up his second half of 2012, so for some reason I'm feeling like Dusty is the 'safe' option! :o
I know, Zorko could do anything. Is it safe at a below 90 average?

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2013, 01:09:42 PM
Dusty v Zorko?

I know, Zorko could do anything. Is it safe at a below 90 average?

Yeh that's my worry. He could well explode & be a bloke that shoots you up the rankings as a nice POD!

And yeah haha while I say 'safe', there is an element of risk involved in selecting Dusty... But as for between these two I reckon I'll be more comfortable selecting Martin 8)

Chelskiman

Dusty v Zorko?

I'm the same.  I think Zorko will drop down to a 90 average, which is still decent.  Saying that, if all these reports about Dusty's training are true he will go 95+ and possibly even 100+ if he really rips it up.