How many mid rookies will you be starting with?

Started by Noz, February 02, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many?

1-2
9 (20.5%)
3-4
19 (43.2%)
5+
15 (34.1%)
None
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Noz

With the plethora of mid rookies we will be receiving this year this could be quite a good year to start a few mid rookies on the ground to strength other areas.

How many right now have you got in your team starting on the field?

nrich102

Grazz

Actually stuffed my vote up  :-[ i think. Be starting 3 on the field and 2 on the bench.  ::)

kilbluff1985

nrich102

kilbluff1985

tbagrocks

I don't know and won't until round one teams, possible 3 or 4

Problem! And i'm not sure it's been given a lot of attention: Round one is split and we won't know half the teams when we need to decide on which week one players we start, if we gamble that a week two player to play and he doesn't we are stuffed, i'm actually worried about getting round one team right but it could be trickier than people are expecting :-[

Anyone else having problems here?

Presto

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 02, 2013, 05:05:57 PM

Problem! And i'm not sure it's been given a lot of attention: Round one is split and we won't know half the teams when we need to decide on which week one players we start, if we gamble that a week two player to play and he doesn't we are stuffed, i'm actually worried about getting round one team right but it could be trickier than people are expecting :-[

+1
I agree, in another thread I remember saying I hope they will make an exception to their "No rolling lockout) for round 1

Grazz

We will have the 1st two rounds to sought out rookies. We get going round 3.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Grazz on February 02, 2013, 05:24:08 PM
We will have the 1st two rounds to sought out rookies. We get going round 3.

YEAH that way of thinking sounds less stressful

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 02, 2013, 05:05:57 PM

You will only need to commit to Crows, Essendon, WC and Freo players since they are the only teams playing on the first weekend. West Coast and Freo don't appear to have any rookies that are particularly relevant. Crouch, Daniher and Van Unen would be the major ones from Crows/Ess. So it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I assume there will be a partial lockout as we've had in the past for these situations. I've shot a message through to the Doc to confirm this because I couldn't see anything in the FAQ's about it.

Chopps

THE PARTIAL LOCKOUT

The Partial Lockout system has been introduced due to several early starts for selected AFL rounds, where all teams have not been announced prior to the start of the first game. The Partial Lockout system will ensure that you have sufficient time to review team lists for the Friday-Sunday matches (where announced), following the start of the first match on Thursdays or earlier, in rounds 1, 5 and 14 of the 2013 AFL Season.

HOW DOES THE ROUND 1, 'DUAL' PARTIAL LOCKOUT SYSTEM WORK?

The competition goes into a 'Partial Lockout' mode at the start of the Adelaide v Essendon game, at 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22. Both this game and the Saturday, March 23 match between Fremantle and West Coast will be LOCKED OUT.
Once in Partial Lockout mode, any Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players selected in your team will be 'locked in' - you'll no longer be able to remove or substitute them.

Similarly, Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players will no longer be selectable.
You may continue to edit your team as usual with the remaining players and teams up until the start of the Thursday evening match between Carlton and Richmond, at 7:40pm AEDT, March 28. At this time, a second Partial Lockout of this match becomes effective. All Carlton and Richmond (in addition to Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast) players on your squad will be locked in and no longer selectable.

You may then continue editing your team with players from the remaining 6 matches and 12 clubs, up until the start of the Western Bulldogs v Brisbane match at 1:40pm on Saturday, March 30. The competition then goes into FULL LOCKOUT mode with the complete teams locked in. NO further team editing is possible.

If you have selected a Captain, Vice Captain and/or any Emergencies from your Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players prior to 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22, they can NO longer be de-selected or changed after this time. The above also applies to the second Partial Lockout on March 28, with Carlton and Richmond players. If you did not, these options will remain available to you through to the full lockout on Saturday afternoon, March 30.

nrich102

Quote from: Chopps on February 02, 2013, 06:07:17 PM
THE PARTIAL LOCKOUT

The Partial Lockout system has been introduced due to several early starts for selected AFL rounds, where all teams have not been announced prior to the start of the first game. The Partial Lockout system will ensure that you have sufficient time to review team lists for the Friday-Sunday matches (where announced), following the start of the first match on Thursdays or earlier, in rounds 1, 5 and 14 of the 2013 AFL Season.

HOW DOES THE ROUND 1, 'DUAL' PARTIAL LOCKOUT SYSTEM WORK?

The competition goes into a 'Partial Lockout' mode at the start of the Adelaide v Essendon game, at 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22. Both this game and the Saturday, March 23 match between Fremantle and West Coast will be LOCKED OUT.
Once in Partial Lockout mode, any Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players selected in your team will be 'locked in' - you'll no longer be able to remove or substitute them.
Similarly, Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players will no longer be selectable.
You may continue to edit your team as usual with the remaining players and teams up until the start of the Thursday evening match between Carlton and Richmond, at 7:40pm AEDT, March 28. At this time, a second Partial Lockout of this match becomes effective. All Carlton and Richmond (in addition to Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast) players on your squad will be locked in and no longer selectable.
You may then continue editing your team with players from the remaining 6 matches and 12 clubs, up until the start of the Western Bulldogs v Brisbane match at 1:40pm on Saturday, March 30. The competition then goes into FULL LOCKOUT mode with the complete teams locked in. NO further team editing is possible.
If you have selected a Captain, Vice Captain and/or any Emergencies from your Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players prior to 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22, they can NO longer be de-selected or changed after this time. The above also applies to the second Partial Lockout on March 28, with Carlton and Richmond players. If you did not, these options will remain available to you through to the full lockout on Saturday afternoon, March 30.
Thx Chopps

Windigo