The 8 Premium Midfield Strategy

Started by bkp130, February 02, 2013, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkp130

2 Guys at work are trialing this

8 Premium Mids along with Viney and O'mera on the pine and then running a lot of rookies and mid-pricers everywhere else

what does everyone think?

Can it work?

kilbluff1985

wont generate enough cash to build a team, rookie mids score the best make the most cash and play the most games

MLS

Generally the best rookies for cash generation are found in the midfield.

IMO it would make sense to have a balanced side.

shaker

Would have to view the team first before I would say anything .

bottlemart

Yeah i agree with the above comments.

The best rookie cash cows are generally in the mids.

Think of years gone by.

Liam Anthony, Barlow, Curnow, Libba, Magner, Treloar to name a few.  Plenty of others over the years, but generally mids are best cash cows, so this year I'm going 5 premium fwds with only 3 rookies.  But balanced approach is usually best.

All depends on how many good rookies.

Ziplock

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 02, 2013, 04:22:06 PM
wont generate enough cash to build a team, rookie mids score the best make the most cash and play the most games

+1

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 04, 2013, 02:29:18 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 02, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

+1
Rookie mids make the most cash and also make it alot quicker

Grazz

Nowhere near enough Fwd rookies this year to contemplate it. Unless something changes for us through NAB Cup and a few more bob up i can see them eating donuts in the Fwd line tbh. Its never really been a good strategy imo, prefer a balanced set up or a set up that reflects the rookie situation per position on the ground Fwd Rck Mid and Back's available.

Sabretooth Tigers

No way  this year for all of the above comments, if anything the temptation would be to go almost the other way. Fill the forward and the three to four best backs then the mid. Cheers

fever

not feasible imo. i'd be interested to see a trial 5 or 6 prem fwds and backs and 6-8 rookie mids.

Jroo

The most premium Mids I'd be starting with are 6.
I'm considering 5 and Fyfe or Ball who are kind of premiums.
Risky having too many premium Mids as the rest of your team will be lacking

The Mongoose

Well, if your aim is to top the round in the first round or two, then it could work, as the highest scoring potential is in the midfield. If you're after an early prize, it's actually not a bad strategy, because your side will be very unique if you do go ahead with something like this.

No longevity though and you'd surely be over-run by other teams with more upgrading potential.

Hawks_1976

Publish the full squad with 8 premo mids to stimulate debate over your theory.

Mykonos FC

I am actually highly considering stacking the forwardline, not the midfield!