The 8 Premium Midfield Strategy

Started by bkp130, February 02, 2013, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: bkp130 on February 02, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
2 Guys at work are trialing this

8 Premium Mids along with Viney and O'mera on the pine and then running a lot of rookies and mid-pricers everywhere else

what does everyone think?

Can it work?

the differential between the 6th 7th and 8th midfielders is not great enough over the top 2 fwds and the top 2 defenders to justify

1. playing too many rooks on the field in def and fwd.

2. mising out on 2 or 3 more of the best rook cash cows available ( all mids).

I will start a minimum of 5 with maybe fyfe at 5 and ball at 6, but that is as far as i will go.

I think goddard and gibbs are MUSTS.

I think there are a couple of fwds who are musts also, depending on your personal view this could be buddy rocky or any two....

you can skimp on your fwd line by taking byrnes varcoe kennedy nicoski macaffer since the rooks are slim up fwd but still when you do the maths 8 elite mids wont leave much for fwd and def

and skimp on the rucks at your own peril :)

betch ya

i did this last yr with a second team(dt tho). had weeks were i would score above average (100+ or so points on my regular team) but weeks also were i would score -200 or so points. by the end of the year had hardly any money left and rookies no longer getting games, works well at the start of the season but come finals time it doesnt pay off.