Sportsbet Leagues 2013 Need 1 more person

Started by LF, February 02, 2013, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

upthemaidens

Quote from: Manbearpig on February 07, 2013, 06:03:51 PM
NO CASH PRIZES this year - it's all free bets. A $5000 free bet for 1st prize, so if you **** up your bet you lose it all. I suppose you can always hedge...
Just have to back a sure thing then  :P

Manbearpig

Quote from: Grazz on February 07, 2013, 06:07:13 PM
NO CASH PRIZES this year - it's all free bets. A $5000 free bet for 1st prize, so if you **** up your bet you lose it all. I suppose you can always hedge...

Where did you see this mate.
With their free bets dont they also take their money back and leave you with just the winnings ?

SportsBet updated the fantasy games page. The actual game hasn't been launched though.

GM

LF

The trouble is with the free bets you usually have to use the whole lot on one bet.They usually don`t let you split it to have several bets.
Hopefully if you win a main prize for this you will be allowed to split the bet otherwise you could end up with nothing to show for winning the comp.

Grazz

Quote from: Manbearpig on February 07, 2013, 06:10:26 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 07, 2013, 06:07:13 PM

Where did you see this mate.
With their free bets dont they also take their money back and leave you with just the winnings ?

SportsBet updated the fantasy games page. The actual game hasn't been launched though.

That sucks, tight a**e mungrels. Pretty sure with their free bets if you win they take their money back and leave you with the winnings only. They cant loose.  :(

Grazz

Quote from: luvfooty on February 07, 2013, 06:28:03 PM
The trouble is with the free bets you usually have to use the whole lot on one bet.They usually don`t let you split it to have several bets.
Hopefully if you win a main prize for this you will be allowed to split the bet otherwise you could end up with nothing to show for winning the comp.

Wack it all on Black Caviar at $1.10 lol

Edit: Its the prestige of winning it not the cash. :P

upthemaidens

Wouldnt you just chuck it on a safe $1.50 bet and pocket the profit? (gather you'll only be allowed to keep the winnings)

GM

Now lets start thinking, 8)
They dont call me Green Moon for nothing. ;D

Grazz

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 07, 2013, 06:32:20 PM
Wouldnt you just chuck it on a safe $1.50 bet and pocket the profit? (gather you'll only be allowed to keep the winnings)

Pretty sure thats how it works, at a $1.50 you get to take $2500, better than nothing i suppose. Be nice to find a longshot paying around $20 that would stick it right up them.

upthemaidens

Put it all on the Aussies winning the ashes on the Home leg

Grazz

upthemaidens

Quote from: Grazz on February 07, 2013, 06:36:28 PM

Pretty sure thats how it works, at a $1.50 you get to take $2500, better than nothing i suppose. Be nice to find a longshot paying around $20 that would stick it right up them.
I'd be happy to get 3rd in a weekly prize..whats that $10 free bet  haha

Manbearpig

More like:
$5000 free bet on team A@ $1.90
$2500 on team B@ $1.90
If team A wins you come away with $2000 profit, if team B wins it's $2250.
Or you could throw caution to the wind.

If you put a $5000 free bet on Black Caviar at $1.10 you only get $500 back, because you only get to keep the winnings, not the original stake.

GM

Quote from: Grazz on February 07, 2013, 06:36:28 PM

GM