Main Menu

Buddy suspends contract talks!

Started by SydneyRox, February 02, 2013, 02:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

henry

Disappointed but I guess I'm not surprised, some clubs such as Freo have been stockpiling cash waiting for this moment when he comes out of contract. I'd be shattered if he left, but I guess we have some decent replacements in Gunston and Roughy who would have to play forward more. Its annoying he left it to the end of the season, hopefully it won't hinder his performance  :(

Ringo

Actually I do not mind him coming out and saying on hold until end of season as it will then not effect performance  and may improve it actually as he will be trying to ensure he gets maximum value.  So long as it is legitimate and nothing is going on in the background, it will be fair all round as all will start on an equal footing maybe at end of season.  Bear in mind he is a restricted free agent so Hawks will have the opportunity to match any offers.

henry

Quote from: Ringo on February 02, 2013, 07:39:09 PM
Actually I do not mind him coming out and saying on hold until end of season as it will then not effect performance  and may improve it actually as he will be trying to ensure he gets maximum value.  So long as it is legitimate and nothing is going on in the background, it will be fair all round as all will start on an equal footing maybe at end of season.  Bear in mind he is a restricted free agent so Hawks will have the opportunity to match any offers.
The trouble is towards the end of the season it can become a distraction and play on his mind, as was the case last year with Cloke. Another worry is the majority of players who put of contract talks such as Scully and Goddard recently end up leaving.

Ricochet

If he does leave can't see him going anywhere but WA tbh... to rekindle the Wellingham bromance

Capper

Crows throw their hat in to the ring

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/adelaide-crows-throw-hat-into-lance-franklin-money-ring-saying-they-can-make-audacious-bid-for-star/story-e6frf3e3-1226569771353

Adelaide Crows have thrown their hat into the Lance Franklin money ring, declaring they could make an audacious end-of-season play for the champion forward.

Armed with plenty of salary cap room after Kurt Tippett's controversial departure to Sydney Swans, the cashed-up Crows say they will "keep a close eye" on Franklin's contract status and could be in a position to offer the looming free agent a multi-million dollar deal to lure him from Hawthorn.

Only Fremantle are understood to have as much cash to spend on free agents as Adelaide at the end of the season.

SydneyRox

Cant see him going to Adelaide.

For starters - who wants to live in Adelaide - ask Kurt.

;D ;D

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 04, 2013, 04:27:17 PM

;D ;D
i know, he would rather take a half a season off and play for Sydney than stay in Adelaide

SydneyRox

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-04/buddy-coy-on-contract

This is almost a repeat of Gazza. And with their manager in common is anyone really surprised?

Cicjose

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

;D ;D
i know, he would rather take a half a season off and play for Sydney than stay in Adelaide
Of course the only reason Buddy will leave (it won't be Perth if he gets a better offer elsewhere) is the same reason Kurt left, money, you can't bag Adelaide becouse a player leaves for more money that happens everywhere world wide all the time, just a cheap shot at South Australia but we are used to that! Must be jealousy

Capper

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 04, 2013, 08:11:41 PM

;D ;D
Of course the only reason Buddy will leave (it won't be Perth if he gets a better offer elsewhere) is the same reason Kurt left, money, you can't bag Adelaide becouse a player leaves for more money that happens everywhere world wide all the time, just a cheap shot at South Australia but we are used to that! Must be jealousy
Must be  ;)

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 08:18:13 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 04, 2013, 08:11:41 PM

;D ;D
Must be  ;)
Just like Kurt coming out on the weekend saying he never intended to come to Gold Coast or Brisbane or Mitch Clark saying Western Australia where I want to go.  Money can change minds.

nrich102

Ringo

Is this a further sign that Buddy may stay a Hawk

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/buddy-signs-with-hawks-new-sponsor-20130208-2e3zu.html

"LANCE Franklin has left Nike, his long-time apparel and boots sponsor, to sign with Hawthorn's new partner adidas on a long-term deal that might be read as a sign that ''Buddy'' has no agenda to depart the Hawks.