Buddy suspends contract talks

Started by gossiboy, February 02, 2013, 01:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gossiboy

Robbo reporting tonight that Buddy has suspended contract talks until the end of the year, sparking speculation that he could be on his way out of the Hawks.

Will the constant speculation regarding where he'll be playing hanging over his head affect Buddy as severely as it did Travis Cloke in 2012?

gossiboy

Hawks can offer a max of $900,000 - $1 million because of the big contracts already given to Mitchell and Hodge

tbagrocks

I heard Buddy is going to Port Adelaide but the Western Bulldogs offewred him the Captaincy, Gold Coast want him which means he is going to Western Sydney

In all seriousness why would he not walk to the Dockers? Hawthorn suck

kilbluff1985

would he even want to be a captain? does not seem like the type

vossy12

Hmm interesting, will he be the new cloke?

meow meow

If Buddy is even considering leaving I don't think it has anything to do with the captaincy. He'll be able to earn more coin if he changes clubs, and he may think the Hawks might begin to slide with Mitchell, Hodge, Goo and Sewell almost ready for retirement.

IF he is thinking about leaving he will probably have his best season ever to bump up his value/asking price.

SydneyRox

Quote from: vossy12 on February 02, 2013, 02:12:30 AM
Hmm interesting, will he be the new cloke?

as of today he is the new cloke. every second article will be about buddy. doesnt bode well for hawks premierships chances.

Freo will make a massive play, imagine buddy and pav coming out of the goals togethet?

gossiboy

Freo offered Cloke close to 1.5 million last season, what would Buddy warrant?

SydneyRox

cant think they have much more to put on the table, but the difference is buddy is from WA

gossiboy

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: gossiboy on February 02, 2013, 02:19:28 AM
Freo offered Cloke close to 1.5 million last season, what would Buddy warrant?
Fremantle.

I mean he wants the whole friggen town.

Ziplock

I cant see any player getting over 1.5 million with the current salary cap, I think that's about where he'd be sitting.

quinny88

All I know is I won't be starting with him in sc. learnt my lesson with cloke last year

cortez

Quote from: quinny88 on February 02, 2013, 10:58:53 AM
All I know is I won't be starting with him in sc. learnt my lesson with cloke last year

Buddy is in a different class to Clone though Quinny

meow meow

Quote from: gossiboy on February 02, 2013, 02:25:31 AM

That look suits him so well.

The Dogs would have room in the cap. Cooney is out highest paid player and his 800K contract is finished at the end of this year and he'll be playing for half the money on his next contract. If Morris plays on he will be on peanuts. Cross and Gia will retire, Lake left this year. Boyd, Griffen and Higgins would be the highest paid players at the club and none of them would be getting huge money.