Shannon Byrnes

Started by quinny88, February 01, 2013, 09:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Is anyone considering this guy as a cheapy in the fwd line?
He is only $230,100 which makes him cheaper than other popular low end fwds like Varcoe, Bock, Lecras and Knights.
Playing at Melbourne, he was brought across to play a role in the midfield/small forward so you would think his job security is fantastic.
He has also been put in the leadership group so he must be having a good pre season and impressing everyone at the club.

He never cemented a spot in the star studded Geelong side but in the 2 seasons that he played nearly a full season he averaged 84.3 (from 19 games, 2009) and 78 (from 20 games, 2010)

Anyone think he could average up around the 80+ mark and become a very nice cash cow?

Yep definately worth considering, I have him in my side at the moment.
As you said good job security, and should earn you some cash, a nice step up to Franklin or the like ! 

Kellogscrunchynut

Locked him in when he joined the leadership group.

T Dog

Jay

Looks to be a solid pick. Going to watch his pre-season closely

Dudge

He's in at the minute, but theres alot of water to go under the bidge as it stands. But yeah he's sitting at f5 right now

Nige

Having a serious think about it. He might be in and out of my side a few times before the season gets underway.

Adamant

Currently sitting at F6, a lot will depend on NAB form though.

quinny88

Oh good to see I'm not the only one then :) have barely heard his name mentioned at all

kfewster

Thanks for the tip Quinny.

I've got him on my watchlist and will see how he goes in NAB cup.

At this stage, I'm not too keen on dumping Vardy from the ruck and having two rook's on the bench to make room for Byrnes just yet.

Jay

Managed to squeeze Byrnes in at F5 - hopefully he can get up to that 80 average!

dmac07

Byrne's, along with varcoe and knights are fighting for one spot at f4 in my team. Will need to watch the nab to pick between them.

nrich102

Not in my team atm, yet he might get a spot.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on February 02, 2013, 02:26:27 PM
Not in my team atm, yet he might get a spot.

+1 see how he goes in the NAB

Sabretooth Tigers

+ 2  NAB's the go with non prem forwards, cheers.