Wines and Port.

Started by Ziplock, February 01, 2013, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

The "Goon Sack" could be this season's T Greene. Has smashed it in the pre-season from all reports.

this kid needs a logo for this season as well.

The F.A.R.K.

Fruity Lexia will slot straight into ports mids alongside brad ebert, boak, broadbent and kane mitchell. 75av min 90av max. Get on

Tominator

Will take John McCarthys spot. Going to be a gun, reminds me a bit of Scotty Thompson but has a better goal nous (so maybe more Dustin Martin)

Locked in at M5 or M6

Chelskiman

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 05, 2013, 02:13:06 AM
Fruity Lexia will slot straight into ports mids alongside brad ebert, boak, broadbent and kane mitchell. 75av min 90av max. Get on

Would love to jump on but the only way I can fit him in at this stage is if I downgrade Embley.  Not sure I really want to do that.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2013, 12:00:39 PM

Would love to jump on but the only way I can fit him in at this stage is if I downgrade Embley.  Not sure I really want to do that.

Wines will make you more money than embley tho. Even at his dt peak embley was no swan gaz boyd. He will ave 80-95 this year wines will ave similar and make you mote money

Toga

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 05, 2013, 12:26:09 PM

Wines will make you more money than embley tho. Even at his dt peak embley was no swan gaz boyd. He will ave 80-95 this year wines will ave similar and make you mote money

+1 to be honest I think Wines would be a much better selection than Embley :o He will make you more money and in all likelihood could average the same as Embley, allowing you to use the excess cash elsewhere 8)

Chelskiman

Some good points there.  The extra cash I'd gain I would use to upgrade Goldstein to a proper premium ruckman.  It's certainly something to think about though.  My midfield does seem to look better with Embers in it though...

Toga

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2013, 12:32:01 PM
Some good points there.  The extra cash I'd gain I would use to upgrade Goldstein to a proper premium ruckman.  It's certainly something to think about though.  My midfield does seem to look better with Embers in it though...

yeah i know what you mean. atm I have five premium midfielders, but have been on and off switching M5 between the premium or a rookie. It doesn't look as strong with the rookie there does it?

But I think that'd be a wise alteration mate. If you could go Goldy->Maric with that extra cash imo its a no brainer ;)

Hippo

Quote from: Toga on February 05, 2013, 12:29:18 PM

+1 to be honest I think Wines would be a much better selection than Embley :o He will make you more money and in all likelihood could average the same as Embley, allowing you to use the excess cash elsewhere 8)

80-95 and has not played a game - a little optimistic and very wishful thinking imo.

You prob would have said the same about Magner last yr and look what he avg.

Chelskiman

Quote from: Toga on February 05, 2013, 12:42:26 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2013, 12:32:01 PM

yeah i know what you mean. atm I have five premium midfielders, but have been on and off switching M5 between the premium or a rookie. It doesn't look as strong with the rookie there does it?

But I think that'd be a wise alteration mate. If you could go Goldy->Maric with that extra cash imo its a no brainer ;)

Yeah, I can..

Before

Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Redden, Murphy and Embely

Goldstein, Leuenberger

After

Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Redden, Murphy and Wines

Cox/Maric, Leuenberger

___

If I go Cox I'd have $21,800 and if I went Maric I'd have $28,800 left.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Hippo on February 05, 2013, 12:46:58 PM

80-95 and has not played a game - a little optimistic and very wishful thinking imo.

Wines is best dt rookie for 2012 at this moment in time. Whitfield toumpas terlich omeaea might be up there but wines is no.1

Chelskiman

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 05, 2013, 01:54:30 PM

Wines is best dt rookie for 2012 at this moment in time. Whitfield toumpas terlich omeaea might be up there but wines is no.1

I didn't know he played last year.

Presto

SydneyRox

Dear God are these words coming from the keyboard. But I agree with FARK

Wines should safely avg 70 min, but could avg 90. Embley has a similar window taking vests and rests into account.

The extra cash will be better used elsewhere

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2013, 02:07:49 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 05, 2013, 01:54:30 PM

I didn't know he played last year.

Obviously a typo ;)

He is a tackling machine and matured body he is most ready for afl. Difference between wines going at pick 7 and pick 1 was class. Wines is a rough product. Like of course he has skills and stuff but a bit like a dane swan or a patrick dangerfield. He doesnt have the silky smooth possesion abilities of a pendlebury or murphy. Those players are more like the macrae and whitfoelds of the draft.

This unclassiness (he isbt unclassy but just not as classy as others if you know whst i mean) generally hampers rookies scoring in early years as it takes them a bit longer to develop, but this rough in and under player is what port are in need of. They have their silky smooth mids in boak ebert and broadbent, wines fits perfectly in there. He has slotted in perfectly at port and is in their best 22, port hsve nothing to loose so wines will get the best oppourtunity to play all 22 games.

If i was to try and compare wines dt prospects this year, he will be similar to joel selwood in his first year. Selwood was exactly the sort of player cats needed in their mids and he slotted in perfectly. Wines can be locked in for a base average of 75 max ave of 90. Considering he is at port id say he will ave 80-85