Wines and Port.

Started by Ziplock, February 01, 2013, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2013/01/31/dt-talk-2013-pre-season-episode-1/

haha, nicknamed 'Quad-Zilla'.

obviously didn't have a thread on him yet, yo ucan see mr craigs write up here

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68079.msg891872.html#msg891872
averaged 115 in TAC cup, was named in the best 9/10 games...

is he worth the price tag though? 156k is a solid amount to shell out for a rookie, and ports midfield is probably their least weak spot (sorry for the awkward wording, but I couldn't physically bring myself to say strong point in reference to port adelaide...). He looks ready to go, my only concern would be that he'll cop the sub in some of his first few games- considering that port play melbourne, gws and gc in 3/4 opening rounds, you'd think that since all those games are winnable by them, they'd be focusing on getting some points, rather than necessarily blooding youngsters for the hell of it.

Brings me to my next point about port- With such an insanely easy first couple of games, is anyone considering a few port midpricers? Obv. Hartlett is the leading candidate in most teams, but what about someone like Ebert as a sneaky midfielder, or like John Butcher as a very cheap forward.

Ziplock

Oh, and someone give me kudos on the title :P

tbagrocks

I heard Jack Trengove today say Viney and Toumpas have really stepped up training now and Jimmy should play early though he's even more expensive :-[

Question I will ask is, with twice the trades will a Wines make as much money as quick as a basement rook to be able to trade out quicker? Saying that though he could be the one to keep

Artax

Think I'll pass at that price

ADEZ

Any port fans (poor people) like me would consider it stupid not too jump on...
He's 18, extremely strong and mark my words, will be the number one inside midfielder at Port in the next year or two
He is already our heaviest midfielder  :o
I expect 18+ games barring injury, averaging 70+

Adamant

After being burnt by Coniglio last year, I can't justify paying that much for rookies anymore...

Noz

Jake Neade is someone people may start to look at, will get games next year him or Hitchcock will be playing our forward pocket role. I prefer Neade he has excellent defensive forward pressure. Currently priced at $108,500 has been someone Port has needed for a long time, Very excited to see this kid go.

Ziplock

he's cheaper than coniglio was, + coniglio would have been amazing if he hadnt gotten injured.

he's probably one of the few higher end rookies I'd be looking at...

Andrew

Wines looks like a really good prospect. It's not so much that I don't think he'll be worth it, I just can't find that extra $50k compared to a 102/108k midfielder - prefer to spend it on my premiums/mid-pricers at the start. He could well be a rookie who I switch to after round 2 though if he's too good to resist. I'm planning to do that with the best mid cash cow I don't have anyway.

Quote from: Ziplock on February 01, 2013, 08:17:11 PM
Brings me to my next point about port- With such an insanely easy first couple of games, is anyone considering a few port midpricers? Obv. Hartlett is the leading candidate in most teams, but what about someone like Ebert as a sneaky midfielder, or like John Butcher as a very cheap forward.

I've got Hartlett & Ebert locked in. Surprised more aren't on Ebert, just named vice-captain and sure to improve along with Port's midfield... Happy for him to be unique though!

Quote from: Ziplock on February 01, 2013, 08:18:03 PM

Nicely done!! :P

Football Factory

Quote from: Ziplock on February 01, 2013, 08:18:03 PM
It grabbed my attention straight away  ;D   :P

He's in my team currently .. i really think he will play a good number of games and average well .. if someone else pops they're head up that's cheaper i will consider dropping him.

upthemaidens

Surely like with all Rookies, it depends how NAB cup goes.
    If he carves it up and gets named rd.1, he will be a lock.  If on the other hand hes numbers arnt any better then cheaper Rookies, most will go for the cheaper option. (and fair enough too)

timmyparso

Definitely worth picking. Don't think he''ll get vested too much unless injured, I suspect the vest will go to the 2nd ruck and defenders like heath and Stevenson.

Ziplock

yeah, my biggest issue is I'm short on cash atm for him...

Toga

Quote from: Noz on February 01, 2013, 09:10:08 PM
Jake Neade is someone people may start to look at, will get games next year him or Hitchcock will be playing our forward pocket role. I prefer Neade he has excellent defensive forward pressure. Currently priced at $108,500 has been someone Port has needed for a long time, Very excited to see this kid go.

You reckon Neade will be in the best 22?

Dudge

All good Wines don't come cheap ;D