Dusty vs StevieJ

Started by freddo81, February 01, 2013, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which to start out of Dusty or StevieJ??

Dustin Martin
Stevie Johnson

freddo81

Hey guys,

Will definately be starting with either of these two. Who would you prefer to start with??

Cheers!!

Ricochet

Stevie J is a safe 100-105. Take out his subbed game where he got like 3points and he hit that average again this year.
Dusty is cheaper and hasn't gone 100+ yet, but has the potential to
Basically if you have the spare cash, Stevie J is your safe option

Jay

I have got both but I would prefer Dusty. IMO he will explode this seasom - has the potential to become elite. SteveJ started 2012 very slowly and he may do that again making him a good upgrade target

Adamant

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on February 01, 2013, 02:31:46 PM
Stevie J is a safe 100-105. Take out his subbed game where he got like 3points and he hit that average again this year.
Dusty is cheaper and hasn't gone 100+ yet, but has the potential to
Basically if you have the spare cash, Stevie J is your safe option

I dont think stevie J is that safe. He scored terribly early in the season when he was playing forward but his avg went up once he was moved to the midfield. He is the safer pick only if he is playing midfield again all season

Swallow12

I'd go Dusty, could be his breakout year with 100+ avg.. Additionally Im not sure what (If any) the addition of Caddy will do to the cats midfield, Caddy is more an inside mid but his game time has to come from somewhere..  Stevie J spending a bit more time in the fwd line a possibility

nrich102

tkringle

Best to wait on Stevie J to see what his role is going to be this year.

Torress

stevie J is a monty to average around the 105 mark imo
remember he had that knee wrench in 2011 vs WCE that snagged his knee? he still got thru the GF but had very liimited pre season - hence slow start and pushed into the mids later in the season.

im starting stevieJ - mind you will monitior as he could spend time FWD however he has great endurance, and he looks at home starting in the centre and drifting back and forward imo.  HMAC should help out some of the catters for clearances if he gets on the park as well.

dusty has got more room to grow, and carry more risk accordingly. stellar preseason, but haven't they all!?
idk, cotch, lids,tuck,foley running thru the guts? never averaged 100 and runs the risk of silly suspension vs stevie J who doesn't play up.

up to the individual - dusty should up his average, the way he started his 1st halves of football many times and never kicked on; throw in increased fitness and he could go bang.

im going with less risk and stevie J for mine. but it is a close one