Mitch Morton only $164,900

Started by timmyparso, February 01, 2013, 11:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Windigo

If he locks down a spot he is sure to generate interest being cheaper than the "Big 3" in terms of mid pricers.

timmyparso

Now in consideration as his FanPlanner price was $298k, but at $164,900 it very temping given the small rookie pool in the forwards.

Windigo

Certainly is cheap enough if he gets game for sure!

Toga

Bit of a surprise when I saw that :o

But yeah, if he can show he's definitely in the firsts he could well be worth the risk - atm I have Stringer at D6, being the same price as morton, morts could find his way into my team.

Or instead of Knights :o

Windigo

I'm tempted to put him now and see what I can do with the $$$. Morton could be good for maybe 60 a game and JS if he has a good NAB.

Very tempting... Didn't he like destroy the 2's in Sydney last year?

Jukes

If he can get games in the pre-season I'll probably squeeze him in for Menzel if I have the cash.

Would be my 4th ex Claremont boy :P (with Mitchell, Lee, Stevenson and Fyfe)

Presto

More to the point though.
What other player's prices have been changed. A reduction of $105k seems eccessive.

Ricochet

Quote from: Presto on February 01, 2013, 01:38:03 PM
What other player's prices have been changed. A reduction of $105k seems eccessive.
exactly, what the?

SydneyRox

Quote from: Presto on February 01, 2013, 01:38:03 PM

+1 - A lot of investigation to go around today...

On Mitch, he is likely to get games early. I would see not having Tippett and his big contributions in the final series being rewarded with a round 1 game, his form is what will hold him in the team. Which going on the finals also could be ok. But you are likely to get similar scoring from a rookie priced player. Dont see him getting anywhere near an 80 avg

Adamant

Hmm, interesting. I still don't think I'll be touching him at 160k though.

Windigo

Did some digging Morton did rack up 167 points in a game.....Walsh got 147, so yeah make of that what you will.  :P

Did win by 20 goals as well.  ::)

Ricochet

Quote from: Windigo on February 01, 2013, 03:39:41 PM
Did some digging Morton did rack up 167 points in a game.....Walsh got 147, so yeah make of that what you will.  :P

Yeh its a strong league... lol
I think he kicked like 60-70 goals in 10 games

timmyparso

Walsh got me a -4 last year too....  >:(

Windigo

Quote from: Ricochet on February 01, 2013, 03:44:45 PM

Yeh its a strong league... lol
I think he kicked like 60-70 goals in 10 games

...One of the strongest going around.  :P

Quote from: timmyparso on February 01, 2013, 03:46:41 PM

Walsh got me a -4 last year too....  >:(

Yeah, that must have really stung.  :-[