First look at my team this year, struggled a bit. give your thoughts pros :)

Started by ModburyFC, January 31, 2013, 11:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModburyFC

This is my very first look at any dreamteam this year! please have a look and let me know what you think, plenty of work needed! lol be as hard as you like cheers

TEAM NAME: Seeking Revenge
DEF: B. Goddard, M. Suckling, G. Broughton, S. Gilbert, K. Jaksch, J. Pittard (S. Docherty, L. Stevenson)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, B. Stanton, N. Fyfe, L. Hodge, N. Lower, L. Ball, O. Wines, B. Goodes (B. Crouch, J. O'Meara)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (B. Grundy, D. Currie)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, M. LeCras, S. Byrnes, S. Mayes (B. Kennedy, T. Sumner)
CASH LEFT: $507,900

Ziplock

gilbert is a really sneaky pick, Im not a massive fan of him personally,  but I can definitely see the value in him. Suckling also looks relatively unique- the on ly concern in him is when he gets vested. Rookies will obv. change, but there's better options that jaksch available.

I think you've gone a bit speculative in the mids: stanton, fyfe, hodge, lower could all be worth the punt... but not all at the same time. I would say pick 2 of them and upgrade the other two.
The ruckline is ok, pretty standard,

I'm not sold on lecras this year- he's only had one good year, and he just isn't discounted enough, Byrnes is interesting... honestly, atm I'd use your left over cash (wayyyy too much left over), upgrade stanton, lower and lecras.

it's decent though- you've clearly been doing your research :)

Jukes

I rate Hodgey as a great chance to be a good smokey, watch pre-season form
Strong midfield
Lots of PODs/uniques

Neutral
Gilbert and Lower, watch pre-season form

Dislike
LeCras: too expensive for my liking, would prefer to go up to a premium
Jaksch, Kennedy and Sumner: Better options

Suggestions
To start, fix your rookies. Jaksch to Colquhoun/Thurlow, Kennedy and Sumner to Lee and Menzel/Daniher.
With your mountain of cash in the bank: upgrade LeCras to a premium, like Stevie J. That'll cost 150k, which, in addition to the rookie fixing, leaves you with about 320k left, give or take. I reckon invest this in either upgrading Lower/Hodge to a full-blown premium like Swan or Cotchin, or maybe Gilbert to Gibbs and Ball to Fyfe.

ModburyFC

Yeah thanks for your help :) will be used a lot tomorrow when picking my team!

I have only picked rookies who I have heard things about or who I know can play, all of them will probably Change before round 1!

I have always been a fan of lecras so it's probably a bit of bias coming into it there will go elsewhere I think haha :) lower is going to be a gun, should never have been let go by Fremantle, he will star in the doggies midfield!
Ball is also one I'll be watching in the nab cup, could turn out to be a really handy mid price pick

A few little tinkers and I think I'll be up there, I like to have cash to play with. Previous years I've left myself too little and it's bitten me in the foot!

Thanks for your help! Keep it coming :)