Which of the top 20 midfielders in your opinion will keep or lift their price ??

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, January 31, 2013, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

This question is really vital in picking our starting mid line up. So who in your opinion, of your top 20 rated (not necessarily by price ), midfielders should retain or increase their monetary value after the start of the season  ???  I have "the bald bullett" Gazza as an automatic lock after which I'm looking for high scorers whose price won't depreciate. Who do you have in mind  ????
Cheers.

Can anyone please tell me what the plus and minus figures on a persons premium means ???   **************

Nobody think Swan can do it  ????   Is Judd finished ???? 

Nkimbaye Ntumbu

Sabretooth Tigers

Reckon you're right on Cotch and if Leuenberger makes a good comeback Redden as well. Cheers NN.

Ricochet

Pendles
Murphy
Jack
Fyfe
Cotchin
JPK

Should all improve by 5+ points at least (Marc and Fyfe by a lot more)... barring injury

Presto

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 31, 2013, 12:46:54 PM
This question is really vital in picking our starting mid line up. So who in your opinion, of your top 20 rated (not necessarily by price ), midfielders should retain or increase their monetary value after the start of the season  ???  I have "the bald bullett" Gazza as an automatic lock after which I'm looking for high scorers whose price won't depreciate. Who do you have in mind  ????
Cheers. Will list 'em as we get them, so don't be shy and just for fun I'll throw mine in   Toby Greene

Cotchin
Redden
T Greene
I would not rate Greene in the top 20 (maybe if you had said top 50?)
My money is on Ablett, I cannot see the little master scoring less than year, after him Marc Murphy and Danger will at least keep their averages, if not improving.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Presto on January 31, 2013, 01:48:09 PM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 31, 2013, 12:46:54 PM
Cheers. Will list 'em as we get them, so don't be shy and just for fun I'll throw mine in   Toby Greene

Cotchin
Redden
T Greene
I would not rate Greene in the top 20 (maybe if you had said top 50?)
My money is on Ablett, I cannot see the little master scoring less than year, after him Marc Murphy and Danger will at least keep their averages, if not improving.

Greene is a gun get around him

ben_020285

My predicted top 20 are: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Watson, Kennedy, Dangerfield, J Selwood, Deledio, Boyd, Priddis, Jack, Murphy, Mitchell, S Thompson, A Swallow, Rockliff, Shuey, Redden and Ward.

Of that group the big improvers should be:

Cotchin to increase his average by 6 - 10 pts

Priddis to increase his average by 4 - 8 pts

Rockliff to increase his average by 8 - 12 pts

Shuey to increase his average by 5 - 9 pts

Redden to increase his average by 5 - 9 pts

Ward to increase his average by 4 - 8 pts

Can't see any of the others dropping too much from last years average. Some may increase or decrease their averages by 1 - 4 pts.

Unsure on Murphy due to his interrupted pre-season.

Hippo

Ringo

My smokey and may end up being the replacement for Mundy if Mundy does not come up is Daniel Rich.  Can see him averaging 100 this year given he may be used of HB line in the Drummond role with his accurate and long kicking,

Ricochet

Sabretooth Tigers

A lot of great input guys. Still sticking to Tobey Greene and as a top 20 finisher. Think this guy could be anything and I reckon he may get a few admirers if he turns it on in the NAB, can't see his price doing anything but rising. Will also be interesting to see how B Stanton goes early on, he might lose the tag to Goddard and follow on from early last year. Cheers.

Adamant

Pendles, Murphy, Fyfe and Mundy will all smash their 2012 averages.

The first 3 are in my side too.

Sabretooth Tigers

Agree 100% Adamant, yet can't find room for Murphy in my starting team at the moment.
have :-  Ablett
Pendlebury or J Kennedy
Cotchin
T Greene
N Fyfe
Would be Fyfe or Greene to make way and I'm of the opinion they will both break out in nuclear fashion this year. The only way would be to go 6/4 in the mid and that isn't an option unless 3 - 6 really good smokies emerge amongst the rookies on the other lines. Hope I'm right about Greene and Fyfe. Cheers. Do you know what our premiums stand for ???

azza707

What are peoples thoughts on Scotty Thompson as a slightly cheaper super premo midfield option @541k? in 2011 he finally managed to hit the elite bracket and start hitting some massive scores and averaged 109. this year teams started to notice him a lot more and he was often first tagged despite being an inside midfielder and averaged a still respectable 105 for the year. I think with the emergence of Dangerfield, Sloane, and a few other exciting crows youngsters that Scotty may go back to doing his thing in the guts and may get a head to head matchup rather than hard tag. Could push 110 average again this year i would think. Pretty vital to the crows top 4 chances as he was the no. 1 clearance player statistically in the competition last year. has missed 1 game in the past 3 years so is super durable. Looking at maybe taking him over Boyd and saving around 50k.