What does this mean for Duffield?

Started by essendon2, January 31, 2013, 11:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-30/replacing-mcphee

"FREMANTLE utility Garrick Ibbotson has been earmarked to spend more time in defence in 2013 as the club looks to replace retired backman Adam McPhee.

Ibbotson, who stands 188cm, said he was likely to play more as a running defender than a lockdown third tall."

JBs-Hawks

Ricochet

Ibbotson fills McPhee's spot and Duffield continues his role from the 2nd half of last year....

essendon2

it actually could mean more MID time for Duff? :P

Ricochet

Unfortunately no, D.Pearce will play a midfield role and Duff will continue as the designated mover out of defence. Depending on Mundy's injury, we could see Clancee, de Boer or Neale get more run through the middle. But we will have to wait and see. Don't worry Duff will still score very well in his role in defence :)

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2013, 12:22:16 PM
Unfortunately no, D.Pearce will play a midfield role and Duff will continue as the designated mover out of defence. Depending on Mundy's injury, we could see Clancee, de Boer or Neale get more run through the middle. But we will have to wait and see. Don't worry Duff will still score very well in his role in defence :)
reckon Pearce will average 80-85?

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon2 on January 31, 2013, 01:23:32 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2013, 12:22:16 PM
reckon Pearce will average 80-85?
Honestly its a big call but I see a massive improvement in Danyle and see him going 85+
Clancee will go 95+ fairly easily

Windigo

Just see whats the go with his role during NAB.  :)

essendon2

Try and find money to go Atley --> Pearce I reckon

Jukes

Don't think it'll affect Duffield that much tbh. He'll still average around the 86-89 mark so still a no.

Master Q

Quote from: Windigo on January 31, 2013, 02:51:29 PM
Just see whats the go with his role during NAB.  :)
Yeah should be a good indicator.

Kind of interested in him - will see how he goes.

Hippo

shorty3264

Quote from: Hippo on January 31, 2013, 06:33:31 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 31, 2013, 12:14:34 PM
Suban  ;)
I heard Suban was ripping it up over the summer, any thoughts on him?

Hagebear

Not sold on the Duff man. Can see him taking up Broughtons roll and playing on the small forwards.

Andrew

Quote from: shorty3264 on January 31, 2013, 06:38:05 PM
Quote from: Hippo on January 31, 2013, 06:33:31 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 31, 2013, 12:14:34 PM
Suban  ;)
I heard Suban was ripping it up over the summer, any thoughts on him?

I thought he might be a good pick last season and got proved wrong. Too risky in a 6-man defence when he was used a pinch-hitting small forward last season.