Main Menu

2013 Rising Star Discussion

Started by kilbluff1985, January 31, 2013, 04:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Hard to predict but some very tempting odds on sportsbet thought i'd list some that i like

Brodie Grundy(Coll) @67
Jarrod Witts(Coll) @51
Ben Kennedy(Coll) @51
Sam Docherty(Bris) @34
Nick Vlastuin(Rich) @34
Jonathon O'Rourke(GWS) @21
Jesse Lonergan(GC) @21
Oliver Wines(Port) @16  :o
Jonathon Patton(GWS) @16
Lachie Whitfield(GWS) @14

some pretty good odds there for some guys besides the favourites $10 on Grundy/Witts is tempting

think it's important to see if they are at least named round 1 to consider putting a bet on any of them

yeah i'm bored

Ziplock

I doubt either grundy or witts will play enough games to take it. The same thing goes for kennedy and  Orourke.  Docherty is probably the best value there, but personally it'll be between whitfield, patton and omeara for me.

BB67th

I reckon Wines could be a fair chance to take it out if he can really step it up in Port's midfield this year, but he would have to play well.

The real value though is with Whitfield and Patton.

GM

Quote from: BB67th on January 31, 2013, 01:07:14 PM
I reckon Wines could be a fair chance to take it out if he can really step it up in Port's midfield this year, but he would have to play well.

The real value though is with Whitfield and Patton.
+1 BB.For me its Wines,Stringer or Patton.

CrowsFan

kilbluff1985

Nige

Few of these guys would be a chance. Ollie Wines the best of them for mine. If I was going to put a bet on any of them, he'd be the one. Can't see either one of Jaeger or Viney not winning though.

Ringo

I may put a sneaky bet on Docherty. Beefed up nicely in the off season and more than likely will play in Round 1.

Jroo

Wines would be a good chcoie, also good value for Docherty.
But I like Lonergan   8)
Is ready to play at AFL level and could play all 22 games next year for Gold Coast.

SydneyRox

Favourites are

Omeara (GC) $6
Viney (Melb) $10
Crouch (Ade) $12
Whitfield (GWS), Toupas (Melb) $14

Is all the top priced guys

Mitchell (Syd) $21
Lamb (Syd) $101
Membrey (Syd) $41

Would be worth a punt from a one eyed swan!

Ricochet

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on January 31, 2013, 05:26:23 PM
I may put a sneaky bet on Docherty. Beefed up nicely in the off season and more than likely will play in Round 1.
wow really, wouldnt have thought he would be in the best 22 yet

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on February 01, 2013, 02:28:25 PM
from training sessions that I have seen Tabs he seems to have the inside running for the vacant HB position. More confident of him playing this year,

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on February 01, 2013, 03:58:39 PM
from training sessions that I have seen Tabs he seems to have the inside running for the vacant HB position. More confident of him playing this year,

Hope so, he is in my DT for the moment!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 01, 2013, 04:10:02 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 01, 2013, 03:58:39 PM
Hope so, he is in my DT for the moment!
Sounds great :D. With Drummond gone, opens up a spot so can certainly see Dochers filling that in :). Decent odds for him as well.