Best Ruck 2013

Started by sillybugga, January 30, 2013, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Adamant on January 31, 2013, 03:29:48 AM
I have the Sandilands Berger with big Coxy up front.
What I'm thinking

Ricochet

If he makes round 1, NicNat will be a good distance ahead of the rest.
Also Roughead is only 26 this year and hit 100+ coming of his achilles injury. I can see him pushing 110.

GM

milisha98

Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2013, 01:22:23 PM

If NicNat makes round 1, he'll be very under-done. I'll be considering him later on in the season though.

Ricochet

Quote from: milisha98 on January 31, 2013, 02:29:18 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2013, 01:22:23 PM

If NicNat makes round 1, he'll be very under-done. I'll be considering him later on in the season though.
Last year he didn't hit full training until late January either. This is different though with groin surgery, but he started running again last week. They won't play him round 1 unless he's ready to go and honestly i don't think he will but if he does i stand by it, if he's playing round 1 he will have a bigger year than anyone else

Sabretooth Tigers

At the moment Sandberger with Cox up forward but still very uncertain of "Leuey the Fly" My preferred 3 are Nicnat/Cox/Sandi at this stage. Can't honestly pick an improver. Cheers.

GCSkiwi

Put me in the Sandiberger with Cox up front pile. Agree Sandi is a consistency risk but with 30 trades I'm not scared of risking a sideways trade with him, considering that if he plays 20 games he will be top 5 for sure.

sillybugga

Quote from: S_Coach99 on January 31, 2013, 10:26:07 AM

I want to do this, but the thing stopping me is this

Sandilands

2008 22 Games
2009 20 Games
2010 19 Games
2011 13 Games
2012 12 Games

30 years old, it's hard to be convinced that he is going to play enough games to warrant the heavy price tag

Thanks for that! Dang sorry Sandy but that does it for me! If the price wasnt soo high I would definatly take the risk. Leaning towards the Roughberger combo but I think Ryder has the potential to go huge!

bottlemart

I'm now leaning towards sandberger also, with cox as a fwd.  Goldy is another option. 

Upgrade nicnat down the track and put berger on the pine.

Sandi may be injury prone which is a bit of a worry, but at least you will know when he isnt playing and if his toe goes into the turf again it may be a long stint.

Unlike mumford, who will have the usual late withdrawl with back soreness, or a dodgy knee.  then you wont see him for weeks.  he will be listed as 1-2 weeks, but will most likely miss the next 8.  He has been marked as "never to be picked in my side".  I'm surprized by the love for a bloke who has never played more than 17 games in a season.  Every second side in my league had him last year, and they all got fed up and traded him out.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mumford, but Sydney will nurse his body thru and make sure he is at his best and playing during the finals, long after our supercoach season has finished.

kreuzer is another who I will put a line thru until he shows that he is capable of scoring consistant hundreds.  He just doesn't do it enough, and the ruck is a palce where you want to get it right.

Obese Arachnid

Berger on the pine?

What do you mean?

Adamant

Quote from: sillybugga on January 31, 2013, 09:13:24 PM
Quote from: S_Coach99 on January 31, 2013, 10:26:07 AM

I want to do this, but the thing stopping me is this

Sandilands

2008 22 Games
2009 20 Games
2010 19 Games
2011 13 Games
2012 12 Games

30 years old, it's hard to be convinced that he is going to play enough games to warrant the heavy price tag

Thanks for that! Dang sorry Sandy but that does it for me! If the price wasnt soo high I would definatly take the risk. Leaning towards the Roughberger combo but I think Ryder has the potential to go huge!

His durabilty is a massive concern, but I'll be taking the risk with 30 trades.

bottlemart

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on February 01, 2013, 02:30:13 AM
Berger on the pine?

What do you mean?
Berger to be upgraded to NicNat or on the bench as R3.

I did that with Giles last year.  Started with him as R2, but instead of trading him out, I used him as R3 for emergency only.  Soem may say it's overkill, and they may be right, but I normally like to finish the season with good reserves on all lines. 

Jay

Think Mcevoy could go big this year and Leuey is sure to make a load of cash