Best Ruck 2013

Started by sillybugga, January 30, 2013, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillybugga

Who do you believe will be the highest scoring/reliable ruck come seasons end and who do you think will be the biggest improver? Bloody rucks! hardest line to fill IMO.

lozza63

I reckon Sam Jacobs will be a reliable 102-106 avg guy - nothing startling probs play 21 games just a solid honest citizen.

Maric - why not, fully priced though is the put off - could have a dip?

Coxy think can hold up - although will take him as a forward.

If there's a time for Kreuze it's now - will watch his NAB closely.

Sandi - scary, turf toe, just not durable at all. mummy could really be a crack - burnt me bad yet 30 trades could help his cause. Hmac - another chance although too much tall timber at the Catter too.

Nic Nat - forward if poss for me - upgrade target.

Goldy - should do ok - although seems to be losing a little support with recent drafts i've seen.

Ryder - forward option - Belly worries me a little though.

We all going with Leuy - value looks good, but we all need Mr Bean though!

quinny88

Would have said Nic Nat but Im leaning towards Ivan Maric now.

Think the big improvement will come from Goldstein

blue

why do we always forget about mcevoy

batt

Quote from: blue on January 31, 2013, 12:10:21 AM
why do we always forget about mcevoy
Hear hear. 

Top 5 no doubt.  I feel like he plays like what Cox would if he spent time down back rather than up forward.

meow meow

Giles is under rated around here. I think he'll be the 5th best ruck in 2013 and he will play every game if not injured. Setanta will give him a chop out at times, but that just means he'll play forward more and he is very capable as a forward.

sillybugga

Agree with pretty much all of that lozza63 thanks. What about Roughhead though? Surely he can maintain if not improve on last season bouncing back after that achilles injury, or was a result of buddy missing quite a few games? If he doesn't preform as expected move him to FWD's?

McEnvoy certainly under consideration thank you!

sillybugga

Quote from: meow meow on January 31, 2013, 12:30:26 AM
Giles is under rated around here. I think he'll be the 5th best ruck in 2013 and he will play every game if not injured. Setanta will give him a chop out at times, but that just means he'll play forward more and he is very capable as a forward.

Had a great first year but too inconsistent for mine. Take out his score of 177 only averaged 88 add to that its his second season...would have Mummy or Goldy at that price range.

tbagrocks

Mullet for me as the top, Cox should be there with Nat underdone early, I agree with the Sauce on consistansy he should improve again but has to many team mates scoring massively to go 110

Biggest improver has to be Berger? Bellchambers is he can stay fit

What about the Kruez improving markedly under Mick?

SydneyRox

cox, sandi, sauce, mullet and mcevoy top 5.

reckon mummy us the smokie

tbagrocks

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 31, 2013, 12:58:05 AM
cox, sandi, sauce, mullet and mcevoy top 5.

reckon mummy us the smokie
I'd be keen on Mummy but how's his back? Will he be fit enough to play like 2011?

kilbluff1985

Presto

I have Cox in my fwd line, which leaves the Sandiberger combo for best and most improved

Adamant

I have the Sandilands Berger with big Coxy up front.

S_Coach99

Quote from: Adamant on January 31, 2013, 03:29:48 AM
I have the Sandilands Berger with big Coxy up front.

I want to do this, but the thing stopping me is this

Sandilands

2008 22 Games
2009 20 Games
2010 19 Games
2011 13 Games
2012 12 Games

30 years old, it's hard to be convinced that he is going to play enough games to warrant the heavy price tag