Jelwood or Murphy

Started by hawkers65, January 30, 2013, 11:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you pick for my M4/M5 spot?

Joel Selwood $629k       2012 Avg: 117.7 (Will be M4)
15 (44.1%)
Marc Murphy $602k       2012 Avg: 112.7 (Will be M5)
19 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

hawkers65

Before Today i had Mundy but i had a spare 150k so i was able to make this trade. Worried about his ankle reoccurring again. IMO both can go 120+ this year. Who would you pick?

batt

Still waiting to see Murph consistently breaking a tag.  As a round 1 pick I'd probably go with Jelwood because he's much less likely to have a handsome price dip.

quinny88

I think Murphy is underpriced so I would say him but Selwood also a solid pick

blue

i think the key here is murphy m5, sellwood m4. i think there both on par. I would take murphy before sellwood as i expect the blues to have a better year,

jabroni

i feel selwood is the better SC player but beware his tendency to go in hard and get injured/suspended

kilbluff1985

Adamant

Murphy is seriously underpriced and I would be leaning towards him.

Jelwood is a very good option and always starts the year on fire though.

Jay

Selwood for me. Murph has not shown he can consistently break a tag.

nrich102

kfewster

I'd go Murphy too.

With Micky's more direct game plan and Gibbs spending more time in the middle this year will he, hopefully it will give Murphy more of  a chop out.

I'm expecting his average to increase to around 120-125 odd.

With a price of $602,900 - his approx b/e is around 111, so he is not all that underpriced.

Diesels Pups

Always been a toss up for me between Selwood and Murphy the last couple of years. I going Murphy this year, Selwood a bit head bang injury prone.

SydneyRox

Quote from: quinny88 on January 30, 2013, 11:57:09 PM

+1 no doubt underpriced

nrich102

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 03, 2013, 12:44:52 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 30, 2013, 11:57:09 PM

+1 no doubt underpriced
+2, heaps underprice

blue

Quote from: kfewster on February 02, 2013, 12:34:22 PM
I'd go Murphy too.

With Micky's more direct game plan and Gibbs spending more time in the middle this year will he, hopefully it will give Murphy more of  a chop out.

With a price of $602,900 - his approx b/e is around 111, so he is not all that underpriced.

blue

Quote from: kfewster on February 02, 2013, 12:34:22 PM
I'd go Murphy too.

i dont watch a lot of collingwood games, because i cant stand the staines, but i thought under malthouse the pies played a lot of indirect footy with high possesion, which would be great for murphys sc. someone please tell me if im wrong