David Mundy injury

Started by Mykonos FC, January 30, 2013, 05:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mykonos FC

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/01/30/mundy-joins-fremantle-injuries/

"FREMANTLE midfielder David Mundy has limped from the pre-season training track after suffering an ankle injury.

David Mundy suffered an ankle problem at Dockers training

Mundy, 27, left the open Dockers training session at Fremantle Oval on Wednesday morning after rolling heavily on his ankle.

The talented midfielder did not return to the training track to complete the pre-season session".

Hopefully isn't too serious, but not good news anyhow.

quinny88

Fyfe just got a whole lot more popular

Mykonos FC

Actually, I reckon Fyfe is disadvantaged if Mundy has an interrupted pre-season.

I know the injury wont stop him playing from Round 1, but it should alert us to his dodgy ankles.

I might go Gaff now, I am all over the shop with Freo/WCE mids haha

Mykonos FC

And now SuperCoach Paige have reported this:

"David Mundy's ankle issues that plagued his 2011 season are back, with reports coming through that Mundy limped off the training track today.

Mundy suffered an innocuous injury to his ankle and left training early in the session, and. Didn't partake in the rest of training.

Fremantle have diagnosed the injury as syndesmosis - the popping of the ligament at the front of the ankle, and deportation of the two main lower leg bones.

There is no set time for how long Mundy will be out for."

Now, I am not sure where they got this info from, but it sounds a lot more worrisome than a heavily rolled ankle. 

pavs nose

Quote from: Mykonos FC on January 30, 2013, 05:37:51 PM

"David Mundy's ankle issues that plagued his 2011 season are back, with reports coming through that Mundy limped off the training track today.

Mundy suffered an innocuous injury to his ankle and left training early in the session, and. Didn't partake in the rest of training.

Fremantle have diagnosed the injury as syndesmosis - the popping of the ligament at the front of the ankle, and deportation of the two main lower leg bones.

Now, I am not sure where they got this info from, but it sounds a lot more worrisome than a heavily rolled ankle.

That's from thewest.com.au . Good old supercoach paige, experts in copy and paste work...

Mykonos FC

Quote from: pavs nose on January 30, 2013, 05:50:27 PM

That's from thewest.com.au . Good old supercoach paige, experts in copy and paste work...

Must be too hard to add the link from where you're copying from.
I remember they had issues with this a few months back.

pavs nose

Quote from: Mykonos FC on January 30, 2013, 05:53:46 PM
Quote from: pavs nose on January 30, 2013, 05:50:27 PM

Must be too hard to add the link from where you're copying from.
I remember they had issues with this a few months back.

Try this one http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/16024913/mundy-joins-freos-pre-season-casualty-list/

lozza63

Dont like the sound of this guys re: Mundy, poor bloke here is an extract of how long it may take to recover:

"....The treatment of these acute syndesmosis injuries are determined by the amount of instability of the ankle, the location of the fracture of the fibula, and the extent of widening of the syndesmosis. In most individuals, the syndesmosis must be stabilized with a screw or screws inserted from the fibula across the tibia. The syndesmosis ligament is very wide and long, and extends far up the outer side of the leg, and it cannot be repaired. The healing of the syndesmosis therefore takes place “indirectly” as long as the space between the tibia and the fibula is stable. In some individuals where the instability is significant, we use more than one screw, and place the screws through a plate on the fibula directly into the tibia to hold the two together. Generally, no weight on the ankle is permitted for 4 weeks following repair of the syndesmosis, and rehabilitation with physical therapy and exercise begins at that time. It is important to avoid any twisting of the ankle for 6-8 weeks to avoid further loosening of the syndesmosis ligament tear, as well as allow sufficient time for the deltoid ligament to heal. Return to athletic activity takes anything from 8 to 12 weeks following surgical repair...."

http://www.mdmercy.com/footandankle/syndesomosisinjury2.html
This the link

meow meow

Quote from: quinny88 on January 30, 2013, 05:31:24 PM
Fyfe just got a whole lot more popular

Disagree. This and Morabito is just proof that injury prone players will remain to be too risky.

popedelio

Fyfe scored better when he was playing with Mundy, there was an article on it with fyfe vs mundy on the afl dreamers page. Devastating for freo, what is more interesting now are players like crozier and michie to possibly get some midfield time :)

Adamant

Quote from: popedelio on January 30, 2013, 09:02:18 PM
Fyfe scored better when he was playing with Mundy, there was an article on it with fyfe vs mundy on the afl dreamers page. Devastating for freo, what is more interesting now are players like crozier and michie to possibly get some midfield time :)

No, Mundy scores better when he is playing with Fyfe. I wrote the article. ;)

popedelio

Quote from: Adamant on January 30, 2013, 09:06:36 PM
Quote from: popedelio on January 30, 2013, 09:02:18 PM

No, Mundy scores better when he is playing with Fyfe. I wrote the article. ;)

Ahhhhhh my bad, was just going off my shocky memory

Mykonos FC

Well guys! All is clear.
Scans have cleared Mundy of any damage to his ankle!!
Mundy is back on   :)

Where did you get that info.... ???

batt

Quote from: Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC
Good news, a scan has cleared David Mundy of any damage to his ankle after a scare at training this morning #gofreo @AFL