Mids a bit weak ? .....can anyone help????

Started by hoty69, January 30, 2013, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoty69

TEAM NAME: Killers
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, S. Atley, C. Howard, B. Staker (J. Pittard, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, K. Jack, T. Varcoe, O. Wines, B. Goodes, J. O'Meara (J. Growden, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, C. Sinclair)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, L. Breust, T. Cloke, J. Watts (B. Macaffer, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $18,000

Mids a bit weak ....need some help please

Jukes

Jack, reckon he could spike up his average by 5-8 points.
Dem forward line uniques; Bruest I reckon could go 87+, everybody knows my feelings for Trav, and Watts should get you a fair amount of $$$ and be a stepping stone to a full premium.

Dislikes
Possibly too many mid-pricers; you have 7 (although Bruest and Cloke are really just cheap premiums) and I reckon 5-6 is the most you should have as it takes away premiums from your side.

Suggested Actions
I like your intuition with all the mid-pricers you have, but reckon it's a couple too much. imo downgrade Howard to a rookie like Thurlow or Stevenson then upgrade Atley to a premo and then upgrade your spud rookies like Macaffer and Growden to good rookies like Mayes and Menzel (DPP link).

Ratings
Backs: 8.4/10
Mids: 8.1/10
Rucks: 8/10
Forwards: 9/10
Overall: 8.3/10 a well-rounded side with plenty of PODs

hoty69

Thanks for the advice , i really think howard and atley are going to go bang so would like to keep them but what you have suggested makes sense , cheers

hoty69

ok have had a tweek and im pretty happy any advice ?

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, B. Staker, J. Pittard (L. Stevenson, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, K. Jack, L. Montagna, T. Varcoe, S. Mayes, B. Goodes (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, J. Watts, J. Kennedy, T. Menzel (T. Lee, J. Growden)
CASH LEFT: $8,300

popedelio

Watts has only shown 2/3 games of his DT potential, and to me thats not enough, he is a massive risk. Luckily this season we got unlimited trades, so take the punt ;)

Jukes

Quote from: hoty69 on January 30, 2013, 08:55:13 PM

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, B. Staker, J. Pittard (L. Stevenson, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, K. Jack, L. Montagna, T. Varcoe, S. Mayes, B. Goodes (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, J. Watts, J. Kennedy, T. Menzel (T. Lee, J. Growden)

I really love the selection of Montagna. In the first three weeks he's a great chance to spark an early average of 120+ and, if he can look towards a return to his 2009 and 2010 averages, 115 and 112, could be a keeper if he can average 105-110.

He's not in my side atm but I'm realling trying to fit him in there :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Jukes on January 30, 2013, 09:23:39 PM

I really love the selection of Montagna. In the first three weeks he's a great chance to spark an early average of 120+ and, if he can look towards a return to his 2009 and 2010 averages, 115 and 112, could be a keeper if he can average 105-110.

He's not in my side atm but I'm realling trying to fit him in there :P

well said mate

hoty69

Has anyone given thought to who backs up Cox if Nic Nat misses early games ???? thought my reserve ruck C.Sinclair could be a great early cash cow if he plays early as a back up ruck with no Lynch now ......thoughts?

Jukes

Quote from: hoty69 on January 31, 2013, 02:26:44 AM
Has anyone given thought to who backs up Cox if Nic Nat misses early games ???? thought my reserve ruck C.Sinclair could be a great early cash cow if he plays early as a back up ruck with no Lynch now ......thoughts?

Lycett will play early, Sinclair would only get a gig if Cox or Lycett get injured. Watch his impact in the NAB cup and see if he's named round 1, could say the same for all ruck rookies though.

Andrew

Quote from: hoty69 on January 31, 2013, 02:26:44 AM

I think I'll go with Sinclair anyway, because if anything further happens to Nic Nat (or god forbid, an injury to Dean Cox!), he'll be well in the frame. Worth the extra $3k instead of selecting McBean as the R/F linkup who seemingly has no chance.

Azzas Dockers

It has been reported that Menzel has done his knee (late december) and has had Lars surgery as his final chance.

Macaffer or Byrnes are popular and are worth a look, or B Kennedy is a nice rookie.

I would add Crouch to my side in the Mid's instead of Goodes, and move him to defence if you want him.

Other people may like Varcoe, I think Embley or Ball offer more for a cheaper price or Fyfe if you can find some spare to cash to upgrade.

Something to think about anyway

rebird

Quote from: Azzas Dockers on January 31, 2013, 12:01:34 PM

It has been reported that Menzel has done his knee (late december) and has had Lars surgery as his final chance.

Macaffer or Byrnes are popular and are worth a look, or B Kennedy is a nice rookie.

I would add Crouch to my side in the Mid's instead of Goodes, and move him to defence if you want him.

Other people may like Varcoe, I think Embley or Ball offer more for a cheaper price or Fyfe if you can find some spare to cash to upgrade.

Something to think about anyway

thats the geelong menzel, that did his knee, not the carlton menzel

hoty69

ok had a tweek and think im close ? can i do better ?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, J. Watts, S. Atley, C. Howard, J. Pittard (L. Stevenson, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, S. Pendlebury, K. Jack, L. Montagna, A. Embley, S. Mayes, N. Vlastuin (B. Crouch, J. Viney)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, T. Cloke, T. Varcoe, B. Staker (T. Lee, J. Growden)
CASH LEFT: $2,000