Great Ruck Experiment - Rate Please!

Started by timmyparso, January 30, 2013, 03:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Potbellies Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by timmyparso. Salary cap left: $13,800.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Hamish Hartlett, Shaun Atley, Brett Goodes, Sam Docherty
Campbell Heath, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Andrew Embley, Travis Varcoe, Brad Crouch, Jaeger O'Meara
Matt Jones, Jack Viney

Matthew Leuenberger, Daniel Gorringe
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Dean Cox, Steve Johnson, Tom Rockliff, Jarryd Roughead, Dustin Martin, Greg Broughton
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

Big risk in ruck, should Leuey (slow injury recovery) and/or Gorringe not perform I have Cox and Roughy ready to shift to rucks, drop Varcoe to the FWD from Mid and trade in Knights (FWD) and rookie (Mid) to fill the voids. (that can be done as 2 trades in 1 week??). Storing Broughton in Fwd with Staker if a DEF rookie fails to impress.

Welcome your thoughts?

popedelio

isnt gorringe second fiddle to zmith? Thats the only issue you have to deal with because that will effect his scoring output, but you do have a good plan in place if it goes haywire. the rest of the team is strong, especially the forward line. If Gorringe doesn't perform then put either cox/roughy in ruck and surely there will be a performing rookie in the fwd line for you to trade in :).

Good luck

timmyparso

Quote from: popedelio on January 30, 2013, 04:01:14 PM
isnt gorringe second fiddle to zmith?

Yeah, thats the big risk. GC look like playing 2 rucks which could also leed to the red vest for Gorringe. Ideally he is my R3 but just looking for a unique option.

essendon2

what about Vardy or Pederson... try and find 150k somewhere!

Jukes

At best I can only see Gorringe, Witts and Daw playing about 8 games each. I can see two potential alterations to make;

a) as essendon2 said, I definitely reckon you should try and squeeze in Pederson or Vardy who could play as much as those three combined :P. Atley down to maybe Thurlow or Stevenson?
b) move Cox into the ruck line and take out Gorringe, replace the spot in the forward line with Mayes or Menzel or, if you cannot afford either of them, move Varcoe into the forward line and replace his midfield spot with one of the Mitchells (Tom or Kane).

Ratings as it stands
Backs: 7.9/10
Mids: 8.75/10
Rucks: 6.75/10
Forwards: 9.5/10
Overall: 8.37/10 pretty good but I'd definitely strongly consider going down one of the two paths I mentioned above. I'd prefer (b) at this stage.

kilbluff1985

timmyparso

Quote from: essendon2 on January 30, 2013, 07:16:49 PM
what about Vardy or Pederson... try and find 150k somewhere!

I don't believe Vardy is any different to Gorringe, both are the no 2 rucks at their clubs, Vardy may be no 3 depending on Trent West, but may be worth it for this ruck experiment if I have the balls to start with it. Vardy could be a better DT scorer than Gorringe if he gets game time, see what happens in NAB Cup.

With Pedo at near $300K I'm not really saving much and would be better with the standard Premium/Leuy combo, say finding $100K for Goldy.

The main point with this set up is the back up rucks in cox and roughy in FWD to move in if it goes wrong. If experiment didn't work then the plan would be to trade out the worst of Gorringe/Daw/Witts and move cox or roughy into rucks from the forwards so I'd have a decent ruck combo, drop Varcoe from Mid to Fwd to fill the gap and trade in a performing mid rookie (assuming there are no fwd rookies to pick from).

timmyparso

Quote from: Jukes on January 30, 2013, 09:35:01 PM
At best I can only see Gorringe, Witts and Daw playing about 8 games each. I can see two potential alterations to make;

a) as essendon2 said, I definitely reckon you should try and squeeze in Pederson or Vardy who could play as much as those three combined :P. Atley down to maybe Thurlow or Stevenson?
b) move Cox into the ruck line and take out Gorringe, replace the spot in the forward line with Mayes or Menzel or, if you cannot afford either of them, move Varcoe into the forward line and replace his midfield spot with one of the Mitchells (Tom or Kane).

Ratings as it stands
Backs: 7.9/10
Mids: 8.75/10
Rucks: 6.75/10
Forwards: 9.5/10
Overall: 8.37/10 pretty good but I'd definitely strongly consider going down one of the two paths I mentioned above. I'd prefer (b) at this stage.

Thanks mate, just toying with the idea of having a rookie scoring player in rucks over one in the forwards, note that Broughton is F6!! (and still only 9.5?? I bet Cloke would change your score to 10 ;) ).

Experimenting as most teams are looking the same but with cox and roughy as backup in the fwd if the plan fails miserably. 

Jukes

A 10/10 would have to be reallyyyyyyy good.

Johnson, Rockliff, Thomas, Wright, Riewoldt, Cloke would be 10/10.