Heath Shaw?

Started by grimreaper, January 30, 2013, 10:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimreaper

I searched the forum for a post this year on him but found nothing.
I read he is doing really well in Pre season training.. Is he still a good pick for defence at his price? Or better for SC rather than DT?

Thoughts?

GM

Unfortunately,Heater can throw in some horrible scores and more than likely will miss games.
No doubt sometime during the year he will look good as an upgrade,but beware.

Ricochet

Yeh haven't heard much on him so far this preseason. He has burnt a few quite a bit in the past, so a lot are staying away from him.

essendon2

Never again! fkn always gets either 66 or 76.

then pulls out 120 then 110.... back to 66 and 76

T Dog

Have him as D3 in DT and SC.  8)

Toga

He showerted me to no end in 2012. Big no to him this year for me, better options around.

Holz

the triple Gs are locked and i just feel a hartlett or broughton represents better value, he could sneak in a d4. I think he will improve to maybee around 90, I just feel he will be up and down therefore he is a better upgrade target.

Just buy him if he throws a few bad games together.  Wouldnt be suprised at all to see him in my team come the bye rounds.

Toga

Quote from: Holzman on January 30, 2013, 01:16:13 PM
the triple Gs are locked and i just feel a hartlett or broughton represents better value, he could sneak in a d4. I think he will improve to maybee around 90, I just feel he will be up and down therefore he is a better upgrade target.

Just buy him if he throws a few bad games together.  Wouldnt be suprised at all to see him in my team come the bye rounds.

With all the trades this year that's an interesting and good suggestion Holz. If he throws together a couple of 60's there's no reason to say why you can't just pick him up and then upgrade the rest of your defence as per usual so that come the end of the season you have him at D7... Good cover imo... :o

GM

Quote from: Toga on January 30, 2013, 01:23:05 PM

With all the trades this year that's an interesting and good suggestion Holz. If he throws together a couple of 60's there's no reason to say why you can't just pick him up and then upgrade the rest of your defence as per usual so that come the end of the season you have him at D7... Good cover imo... :o
Yep nice,great strategy for everyline i would imagine.

Ricochet

Every upgrade will still cost you 50-150k on average tho, so as cover he would be a bit of a waste unless it was your last defence upgrade.

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2013, 01:43:50 PM

Every upgrade will still cost you 50-150k on average tho, so as cover he would be a bit of a waste unless it was your last defence upgrade.

That's true but if he drops a showerload i reckon it'd be too good an opportunity to miss... Means you have an extra premo in your defence earlier than expected, who you can use as cover later in the year.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on January 30, 2013, 01:57:56 PM

That's true but if he drops a showerload i reckon it'd be too good an opportunity to miss... Means you have an extra premo in your defence earlier than expected, who you can use as cover later in the year.
Yeh i agree, if you think he is a premo defender then jump on him. I was more thinking along the lines of... if i had the cash to upgrade I would want to bring in (on top of starting Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs) Scotland, Stanley, Waters, Birchall, Heppell, Duffield, Hartlett and Broughton all before him just because he could chuck out those low scores when you need him.

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2013, 02:02:57 PM
Quote from: Toga on January 30, 2013, 01:57:56 PM

Yeh i agree, if you think he is a premo defender then jump on him. I was more thinking along the lines of... if i had the cash to upgrade I would want to bring in (on top of starting Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs) Scotland, Stanley, Waters, Birchall, Heppell, Duffield, Hartlett and Broughton all before him just because he could chuck out those low scores when you need him.

Yeah that's very true 8)

I guess same goes for all of them though... I'm sure there'll be plenty of premos to get injured/subbed or just put out a generally showerhouse score and drop heaps, so there's a good opportunity to bring them in with the new trading system, and leaves the potential for coaches to bring in extra premiums to use as cover 8)

elephants

Quote from: essendon2 on January 30, 2013, 12:43:34 PM
Never again! fkn always gets either 66 or 76.

then pulls out 120 then 110.... back to 66 and 76

Hahah, funny you say this. He only scored 66 once back in round 2 last year and didn't score 76 at all :P

Adamant

Heath Shaw is the only guy who's on my never again list and is staying there.

I always end up picking him every year, only for him to dish up inconsistent crap.

I had Waters sitting nicely at D4 last year, but started getting cold feet. About 20 minutes before the final lockout, I traded Waters to Shaw for 'safety'. Waters started the year with 83 & 103 from his first two games, while Shaw started the year with a 56 & 66. I basically paid an extra 110k for a decrease of 64 points. ::)

After round 2, I then traded Shaw back down to Waters. Obviously Waters smashed it for the rest of year, but I wasted trade that I shouldn't have done in the first place.