Appreciate some adive from you guns- updated

Started by melon101, January 30, 2013, 01:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melon101

Defenders- Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes/Duffield, Broughton, Thurlow, Stevenson
(Terlich, Docherty)

Midfielders- Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Embley, Wines, Lonergan, K.Mitchell
(O'mera, Viney)

Rucks- Mcintosh, Leuenberger
(Grundy, Currie)

Forwards- Johnson, Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Knights, Lee
(Staker, Mcaffer)

Cash Left- $118,100

undecided on grimes or duffman

Capper

HMAC at R1 is a massive call, could be the pick up of the year though. Very surprised he doesn't have DP though.

melon101

Yes I will be keeping a solid eye on him, if he isnt right for RD1 I may look at Bellchambers, Goldy or even Warnock if fit but for now Hmac it is

Jukes

I definitely reckon you should use that left over $$$ to upgrade Staker and Macaffer to Menzel and Mayes, can't see Staker or Macaffer playing over 10 games between them, while Mayes and Menzel should play 15+ games each. And that's only for 24k.

I reckon go Duffield then maybe instead of going Staker to Mayes go Staker to Byrnes.

melon101

You think they wont get games due to injury or not being able to get a spot in the side?

Jukes

Quote from: melon101 on January 30, 2013, 02:45:22 AM
You think they wont get games due to injury or not being able to get a spot in the side?

Both. They should start injury-free, but both are injury prone. Staker has seasons of 14, 6, 22, 7 and 0 in his last five seasons, while Macaffer has had 3, 17, 4 and 0 in his last four seasons, so clearly both are injury prone. Brisbane has a lot of good youngsters so Staker is likely to not be in their best 25, maybe not even best 30 players, while Macaffer will need a lot of injuries and drug-related suspensions at Collingwood to get a consistent gig.

melon101

These are good points and will take into consideration but i'l probably wait for the nab cup to determine those players

tbagrocks

I wouldn't swap a possibly injury prone rookie priced senior to a rookie with worse knees than his brother :o

Jukes

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 30, 2013, 03:00:42 AM
I wouldn't swap a possibly injury prone rookie priced senior to a rookie with worse knees than his brother :o

Menzel will actually play when fit though, he's certainly in their best 21.

melon101

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 30, 2013, 03:00:42 AM

Got a point there

melon101

Quote from: Jukes on January 30, 2013, 02:40:44 AM
I definitely reckon you should use that left over $$$ to upgrade Staker and Macaffer to Menzel and Mayes, can't see Staker or Macaffer playing over 10 games between them, while Mayes and Menzel should play 15+ games each. And that's only for 24k.

I reckon go Duffield then maybe instead of going Staker to Mayes go Staker to Byrnes.

Do you think I should cut down on swan to get some cash but then I may be missing out on BIG points?

Jukes

Quote from: melon101 on January 30, 2013, 04:21:18 AM

Do you think I should cut down on swan to get some cash but then I may be missing out on BIG points?

not if you don't want to/don't really need that money.

melon101

Quote from: Jukes on January 30, 2013, 04:22:46 AM

Alrighty cause ever since i went from 3 Premo back and 5 premo mid to Both 4 premo i thought I might be at a disadvatage

Jukes

Quote from: melon101 on January 30, 2013, 04:25:58 AM
Quote from: Jukes on January 30, 2013, 04:22:46 AM

Alrighty cause ever since i went from 3 Premo back and 5 premo mid to Both 4 premo i thought I might be at a disadvatage

Go with whatever you think will generate more points.

melon101