Main Menu

It's logical?

Started by kilbluff1985, January 29, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Not with wines, omeara, crouch, viney, lonergan, k mitchell.

masedog333

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 30, 2013, 12:50:07 AM
Quote from: nichsa673 on January 30, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 30, 2013, 12:45:22 AM
Quote from: nichsa673 on January 30, 2013, 12:29:24 AM
It's logical, but I think you have to consider the rookies more. Not so much which ones, but the depth in each lines this year. This year, ruck rookies are very weak, and defender and forward rookies aren't as strong as previous, so a case could be made to get more rookies in the midfield, with the likes of wines, lonergan, omeara, crouch, viney, mitchell, cachyia, mitchell, and then get more premos in the other line.

Just another way to look at it.

actually there are like 10 defender rookies that could get named round 1

And about 8 would be out round 2

could say that about mid rookies also even more so
very true

SydneyRox

KB, until round 1 teams are named this sort of strategy will see you right. Come round 1 there may be some compromise required.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 30, 2013, 12:53:34 AM
Not with wines, omeara, crouch, viney, lonergan, k mitchell.

mate theres no guarantee they wont be rested/rotated

defender rookies generally play because they are needed because there are no other options

midfield rookies, teams usually have a few to choose from hard to see Wines+Mitchell playing at once early in the season

nichsa673

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 30, 2013, 12:58:27 AM
KB, until round 1 teams are named this sort of strategy will see you right. Come round 1 there may be some compromise required.

yeah very true mate i usually structure my team around rookies

SydneyRox

exactly, if someone comes from off the radar over the NAB i would sometimes choose to compromise the structure for the extra rookie

CuStArDaRm

Yeh Id have to agree its sound but its all about rookies.
If someone comes out of the woodwork and looks like dropping 100 Id pick them over a prem in that position if forced to choose and move that prem to another line.

Sabretooth Tigers

Love your avatar creamy digit. Same structure for me KB, the only difference being that I'm playing John Doe up forward. If a circumstance arose where I thought I'd pick up more points by doing it, I would even drop the defence back to 2 - 5. Cheers.

PICCOLLO

Nothing is  as clear cut as all that KB.  Rookie availability vs avoiding vest candidates vs mid price value picks all should play a hand in your structure.  Provided you dont sabotage your team too much early on, i like to think multiple strategies are all a chance to work.  I had powertothepeople in my league last year so saw how he went first hand and it was differet to impromptu from the previous year.  Impromptu had a pretty poor starting team in 2011 and managed to win through good tradng, ptp relied on value picks early on and traded mumford to maric (or was it ryder?) by necessity. Pure luck plays its part too.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: PICCOLLO on January 31, 2013, 11:11:21 PM
Nothing is  as clear cut as all that KB.  Rookie availability vs avoiding vest candidates vs mid price value picks all should play a hand in your structure.  Provided you dont sabotage your team too much early on, i like to think multiple strategies are all a chance to work.  I had powertothepeople in my league last year so saw how he went first hand and it was differet to impromptu from the previous year.  Impromptu had a pretty poor starting team in 2011 and managed to win through good tradng, ptp relied on value picks early on and traded mumford to maric (or was it ryder?) by necessity. Pure luck plays its part too.

did you read all the other posts?