4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Samsturmfels

Who should I have in my team?
Lance Franklin and Luke Shuey
Or
Steve Johnson and either Dane Swan or Scott Pendlebury

dmac07

Stevie j and swan/pendles. Franklin will be up and down and has a tough start. Shuey should improve, but will need to ave 115+ to be a top 10 prem. Just need one of the pies in your mids to begin with, then add Stevie j, Rockliff, Thomas or martin in the fwd.

Presto

Considering I have Franklin, Swan and SJ, is not a choice I have to make, but the SJ/Swan combo seems to be the better option, only because I dont rate Shuey as much as the others and I still think Swan is a better player than Pendels.

Adamant

Stevie J + Pendles easily.

Although I have both Swanny and Pendles locked.

quinny88

Stevie and Pendles for mine.
As long as Stevie J plays midfield again he should avg 105+ and Pendles will avg 125+

Samsturmfels

Quinny is Johnson in your team
if not who is your second forward

quinny88

Quote from: Samsturmfels on January 30, 2013, 12:41:13 AM

I have yet to make a decision on him Sam.
Just waiting to hear that he will play mid again as thats where he scores well.

At the moment my only garunteed forwards are Cox and Rockliff

jimmytigs

pendles & johnson,pendles is a lock behind gaj only,while im going with a different strategy in forwards this year,but of your choices its all the way with stevie j,just cringe when buddy has his couple of 180+games,but steviej will have at least 1 of them also & hes far more consistent with the 120s when he has a more regulation day while buddy can really suck at x,injury wise buddy is almost a lock to miss 3 games minimum a year while steviej usually only misses 1 barring disasters for either of them

Ricochet

I think the chance that Pendles could go back to 130ish is really carrying Stevie J in that combo. SJ dropped off last year (even tho he still went 102 without that game he was subbed out for 1) and could drop off further this year. But Pendles is far too good to not start.

Mykonos FC

Will the new recruit Josh Caddy impact Stevie's midfield time?
I feel he will be used in the forward role more often to give Geelong more bite down there considering Christensen will play mid and Varcoe (apparently down back).

GM

Quote from: quinny88 on January 30, 2013, 12:44:35 AM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on January 30, 2013, 12:41:13 AM

I have yet to make a decision on him Sam.
Just waiting to hear that he will play mid again as thats where he scores well.

At the moment my only garunteed forwards are Cox and Rockliff
+1.Ditto

GM

quinny88

Quote from: Mykonos FC on January 30, 2013, 02:34:37 PM
Will the new recruit Josh Caddy impact Stevie's midfield time?
I feel he will be used in the forward role more often to give Geelong more bite down there considering Christensen will play mid and Varcoe (apparently down back).

This is a bit of a concern.
It has been reported that Bartel will spend alot more time forward, Chapman will obviosuly spend more time forward than ever, being a year older. Selwood will always be a midfielder, Christiensen and Duncan will be looking to secure a full time role in the guts and then the new boy Caddy who looks like a pure midfielder. Not sure where this leaves Stevie J. He is so dangerous up forward but also so creative in the middle. Hopefully he isnt rested through any of the nab cup/challenge games so we can get a good idea of the role he is going to play

GM

I dont think SJs role will change much from last year tbh.Scott gives him the freedom to roam.
He played the link man in defense last year & imo that will not change.
No one else at the cats has his vision,skill and class to disect the opposition presses like he does.

The_Captain

wow.. Johnson and swan by a mile..Followed by johnson and pendles by a mile. Then franklin and shuey.