Main Menu

Max Gawn

Started by Ricochet, January 29, 2013, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-29/gawn-cut-down

MELBOURNE ruckman Max Gawn has again been relegated to the long-term injury list after sustaining a hamstring injury during pre-season training

The 208cm ruckman will be forced to stay on the LTI list for a minimum of eight weeks, finishing on March 22, just a week before the Demons' round one clash with Port Adelaide on March 31.

A list replacement is yet to been named with Demons football manager Josh Mahoney saying the club expects Gawn to be available early in the season.

"This timeframe is consistent with his rehabilitation plan, and he is progressing well. We expect Max to return to playing football early in the season," Mahoney told melbournefc.com.au.

stew42

Hoggyz_a_legend

Good downgrade option now.

Now to decide which of Grundy/Witts/Daw/Currie to replace him with.

Adamant

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 29, 2013, 04:34:30 PM
Good downgrade option now.

Now to decide which of Grundy/Witts/Daw/Currie to replace him with.

Yeah, that's true. I'd go Currie from those at this stage, but all are very even and will be watching NAB closely.

tbagrocks

Could the D's try Watts in ruck, mobile, will mark around the grouns and you would think he would get a bit of the footy? But that tbag is crazy :o

SydneyRox

Surely this means Pedersons chances go up as well. the less talls he has to compete with the better.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Melbourne have stacks of rucks! Pedersen, Martin, Jamar, Spencer. More than enough.

Scrads

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 29, 2013, 08:17:08 PM
Melbourne have stacks of rucks! Pedersen, Martin, Jamar, Spencer. More than enough.

EFA ;)

They have Fitzpatrick, Sellar and Clark who I think all can ruck too though.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: Scrads on January 29, 2013, 09:13:43 PM
Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 29, 2013, 08:17:08 PM

EFA ;)

They have Fitzpatrick, Sellar and Clark who I think all can ruck too though.

My bad. Yeah I knew there were a few more.

All in all- if Watts rucks once, Neeld should be sacked on the spot cause clearly he has mushed peas for brains.

Toga

Jroo

Damn! Gawn was the best rookie ruck option and now he's Gawn    8)
Unlucky to the big fella, hope he can overcome these Injuired, as he'll be a good player!

MTTY

Pedersen - Has been taking the ruck contests in F50

Fitzpatrick - Also taking hitouts in F50 (Will play more as a KF option this year)

Clark - Still rehabilitating

Jamar - Still Number 1 for now

Spencer - Has been beating Jamar in quite a few contests at training (some where Craig has pre-determined who will win the hitout, but still). Has also been covering the ground better, he is second in line at this stage (at least until we see Gawns form when fit). Don't be surprised to see Spencer and Jamar in the same team at times (especially as a trial in NAB).

Gawn - As above will be on the LTI for at least the next 8 weeks. Expect to see him playing for Casey at around Round 3.

Watts - No way he will ruck, unless injury strikes all the above. May feature in the B50 as a pinch hitter or a third man up though.

Hope that helps.  :)

Jroo

Quote from: MTTY on January 29, 2013, 10:18:03 PM

Fitzpatrick - Also taking hitouts in F50 (Will play more as a KF option this year)

Spencer - Has been beating Jamar in quite a few contests at training (some where Craig has pre-determined who will win the hitout, but still). Has also been covering the ground better, he is second in line at this stage (at least until we see Gawns form when fit). Don't be surprised to see Spencer and Jamar in the same team at times (especially as a trial in NAB).

Gawn - As above will be on the LTI for at least the next 8 weeks. Expect to see him playing for Casey at around Round 3.

Watts - No way he will ruck, unless injury strikes all the above. May feature in the B50 as a pinch hitter or a third man up though.

That's for the info MTTY!
Do you think Pedersen will play up fwd instead of down back? I reckon he's a good SC/DT option.
Also is Fitzpatrick rookie priced? If so he may be a good bench option

Football Factory

Quote from: JROO8 on January 29, 2013, 10:21:17 PM
Quote from: MTTY on January 29, 2013, 10:18:03 PM

That's for the info MTTY!
Do you think Pedersen will play up fwd instead of down back? I reckon he's a good SC/DT option.
Also is Fitzpatrick rookie priced? If so he may be a good bench option
+1     i was hoping he would be playing out of defence and hitouts B50

MTTY

Playing up front at this stage {Pedersen}, has been training there all pre-season. Don't know if that will change when Clark is fit or not. When spoken about though, he's been referred to as a Forward.