Main Menu

Bargain Ruck Theory

Started by GoldDigger, January 29, 2013, 04:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldDigger

Where's the guy that does this thread - I think this might be the year!

Hoggyz_a_legend

I'm going with a Bellchambers, Leuenberger combo. Dunno if that's what you count as bargain, but saves $100-150k to splash around elsewhere.

If Robert Warnock is getting a game rnd 1, and ppart of the Malthouse plan consider him, very cheap  ;D

Jukes

yeah Bellchambers/Goldy/Sandi and Leuey seems like 95% of ruck combos at this stage.

PowerBug

Gotta be the underpriced Goldstein and the very underpriced Leuenberger. Ever since HMac got traded i haven't looked another way, although having Roughead again would be nice from a personal pot. :P (Shouldn't let the heart dominate the head >:()
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Andrew

I think there are too many attractive premium ruck picks this season, particularly with injury not being as big a concern with 2 trades a week. If you were picking 4 mid priced/rookie rucks, it'd look like this:

Leuey, Warnock/Vardy/Simpson (depending who gets picked!), O'Halpin and a cheap rookie.

Last year it was going as far as 4 rookie rucks but we had Giles then. Can't get by with four $100-130k players this year.

Quote from: 4820 on January 29, 2013, 09:43:59 PM
If Robert Warnock is getting a game rnd 1, and ppart of the Malthouse plan consider him, very cheap  ;D

He's probably the key to this strategy as he has the potential to score highly. But Malthouse played 1 ruck at Collingwood and they already have Hampson in the forward line for backup to Kreuzer. Again Warnock is going to struggle to get a game this year, surely.

PowerBug

Ratten must've had a plan for Warnock, signing him on for 3 years i think. Malthouse couldn't really do anything with him when he took over.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

stew42

I would've thought that Pederson would've come into calculations here.
For me if I replace Goldy with Pederson, it basically means Mundy bumps up to Cotchin...

T Dog

Vardy as a left field thought?

timmyparso

Posted this team in Rate My Team with my bargain ruck option, have a back up with Cox and Roughy in FWD to move in if it fails (Gorringe is main concern), with Varcoe to backfill behind cox/roughy (from MID) and trade in a mid rookie for varcoe (or watever scenario is best at time of the bargain ruck failure, if it happens). 

Salary cap left: $13,800.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Hamish Hartlett, Shaun Atley, Brett Goodes, Sam Docherty
Campbell Heath, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Andrew Embley, Travis Varcoe, Brad Crouch, Jaeger O'Meara
Matt Jones, Jack Viney

Matthew Leuenberger, Daniel Gorringe
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Dean Cox, Steve Johnson, Tom Rockliff, Jarryd Roughead, Dustin Martin, Greg Broughton
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

GoldDigger

nick1408

Quote from: GoldDigger on January 29, 2013, 04:45:00 AM
Where's the guy that does this thread - I think this might be the year!

I'm still here, just been away for a bit.  I probably won't do a write up this year as I will be away for most of the season. 

btw, I currently have Goldstien and Leuenberger.... not really bargain ruck, is it?

Chopps

i ve always like the theory nick1408 just gotta nail it make it work hey

elephants

Pedo, Leuy for me.

Looks bargain to me!

nick1408

This year is a bit different - if it doesn't work you can have Cox in the forward line to rotate in if your cheapies don't come off.  I think the Cox option is one that can't be turned down, although Nic Naitanui also looks value but a late start worries me.