Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

I have always been against the 3 strike policy.

In saying that however there are times when players may inadvertently take say an antihistamine tablet that may contain some banned substances and that needs to be recognised.

As far as I know using of the recreational drugs is still illegal and that being the case any detection or use of these should be treated harshly by the AFL and clubs. Needs to be nipped in the bud early as we do not need more Ben Cousins issues.  May sound harsh but my thoughts on keeping the sport recreational drug free and getting support to players early.

BB67th

Caroline Wilson definitely hands a few brown paper bags over to someone at AFL House. Many thought that it was Anderson doing it, but he's gone now and we are still getting it. It's really poor to see in my opinion that the people who are supposed to be running our great game and making it the best it possibly can be are selling out and leaking confidential and detrimental information to the media for a few bucks.

And hopefully the AFL can get their drug policy sorted and actually start to help these guys who have a problem.

Justin Bieber

Well people say that if you think you are a tosser then are probably on drugs.

E.g. I think Elephants is a tosser, he's on drugs :P

S_Coach99

to Swan or not to Swan, that is the question...

henry

Quote from: Tominator on January 29, 2013, 02:59:42 AM
I've said it for a long time that Swan was a drug cheat, now I might be proven right

He's not really a cheat though as the drugs he is using (allegedly) are not performance enhancing, they would actually decrease his performance. I agree the 3 strikes policy needs to be changed and the loophole removed, I wonder if the players will be named...

Spite

Quote from: tabs on January 29, 2013, 02:59:40 AM
My guess would be Swan, Beams, Elliot and Daisy

Mate don't throw names out, rumours will start and Elliot is just a kid.

I also know for a fact that he is a quiet kid too, so really don't think it is him.

Speculator

Hopefully this will spell the end of Collingwood's flag chances.

elephants

Really hope its Cloke haha

Quote from: whatlez on January 29, 2013, 02:11:48 PM
Well people say that if you think you are a tosser then are probably on drugs.

E.g. I think Elephants is a tosser, he's on drugs :P

:P

Fletch74

masedog333

Footyrulz

its clearly shaw, didak, thomas and blair.

Ziplock

why does everyone assume it's all players in the pies 22? is it just wishful thinking?

it's just as likely to be a rookie who's never played a game.

will we find out who they are? eitherway, there's no point in speculating- at this moment, all people are doing is slandering these players :P

Justin Bieber

Windigo

Maybe Swanny was doing more than having a quite drink when he got suspended last year.  :o

Or when Heath Shaw & Dale Thomas had the mystery injuries and some thought there was something more behind it than a few niggles....

Is it just me or is the Collingwood football the most vocal about the drug policies. Could mean they are hiding something.

Ex ruck prospect Shaw McNamara says that drug use is rife within the AFL (and the sports in general) as well.

As far as the athletes, I've never seen it. I just know and hear of it. I'm not a partier.''

BB67th

I don't think we will hear who it was that actually admitted to taking drugs under confidentiality policies.