Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 29, 2013, 04:14:54 AM
What's the chances of it being Richmond?

....Slim to none T-Bag I reckon. The fellas at Richmond are kind, gentle souls.  :P

Quote from: Cicjose on January 29, 2013, 04:29:40 AM
i reckon fasolo swan brown beams and blair

Definitely Swanny & Beams. Fasolo looks like a bitter of a tosser so I'd throw him in there also. Thomas was with Swanny only a few days ago and got questioned by police about a robbery that occurred 10 minutes after they had left the building.  :P So I'd assume there close as well.

Thomas might be in it, but I'm hoping he isn't as I think he could be a top bloke in real life. But that's just me.

...Maybe it's that loose old dog Dazza Jolly.  ::)

Nige

Young Marley Williams has been in a bit of trouble lately, could he be in this too? As much as I'd love it to be Travis Cloke, I doubt he'd be into this stuff.

Just hope it's not Pendles.  :(

Windigo

Yah, Marley is another one.

Scotty P seems a top bloke and I highly doubt he'd be in this.

GM

Pendles is a truly professional,motivated footballer whom would not be involved.
You could see last year he was not happy with some players attitudes.
Hence,Swanny got a club imposed suspension.

CrowsFan

What about Heath Shaw? I've always thought he was a bit of a tosser...

Windigo

....Add him to the list.  :P

Quote from: greenmoon on January 29, 2013, 12:09:43 PM
Pendles is a truly professional,motivated footballer whom would not be involved.

Exactly, would make a better captain than Maxwell IMO.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Windigo on January 29, 2013, 11:34:57 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 29, 2013, 04:14:54 AM
What's the chances of it being Richmond?

....Slim to none T-Bag I reckon. The fellas at Richmond are kind, gentle souls.  :P

Quote from: Cicjose on January 29, 2013, 04:29:40 AM
i reckon fasolo swan brown beams and blair

Definitely Swanny & Beams. Fasolo looks like a bitter of a tosser so I'd throw him in there also. Thomas was with Swanny only a few days ago and got questioned by police about a robbery that occurred 10 minutes after they had left the building.  :P So I'd assume there close as well.

Thomas might be in it, but I'm hoping he isn't as I think he could be a top bloke in real life. But that's just me.

...Maybe it's that loose old dog Dazza Jolly.  ::)

So because someone takes drugs they cant also be a good bloke?

GM

Quote from: Windigo on January 29, 2013, 12:20:42 PM
....Add him to the list.  :P

Quote from: greenmoon on January 29, 2013, 12:09:43 PM

Exactly, would make a better captain than Maxwell IMO.
I am far from being a Collingwood supporter,but i just love to watch this guy play.
Hope he wins the Brownlow this year.I will be getting on early.

CrowsFan

So I just read that because they self-reported the drug use they don't get a strike on their record. What type of bullshower is that!? :o

That means if I was playing I could go out each weekend after the game, do some coke and have a good time, then come Monday morning just ring up the AFL's medical department let them know what I did and I would be fine! That's so stupid!!

GM

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 29, 2013, 12:29:52 PM
So I just read that because they self-reported the drug use they don't get a strike on their record. What type of bullshower is that!? :o

That means if I was playing I could go out each weekend after the game, do some coke and have a good time, then come Monday morning just ring up the AFL's medical department let them know what I did and I would be fine! That's so stupid!!
+1.Its all about to change!

Nige

Quote from: greenmoon on January 29, 2013, 12:32:02 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on January 29, 2013, 12:29:52 PM

+1.Its all about to change!
That is pretty stupid, it's almost as if they're letting them off for being good enough to turn themselves in. If they did something wrong, they should get punished with a strike, otherwise it's hardly discouraging them.

CrowsFan

If Lance had gone to USADA before they started their investigations and said "by the way guys when I won the Tour 7 times I was using EPO, steroids and blood transfusions" would they have let him keep the titles?

BB67th

Yeah the system definitely needs an overhaul at the moment with the 3 strike policy.

But what happened to confidentiality in these matters? Someone at AFL House is leaking this information and that is not good for the game.

GM

Quote from: BB67th on January 29, 2013, 01:11:21 PM
Yeah the system definitely needs an overhaul at the moment with the 3 strike policy.

But what happened to confidentiality in these matters? Someone at AFL House is leaking this information and that is not good for the game.
Yeah good point.This is why imo there will be no penalty, suspension or even acknowledgement of the accused.
But their drug policy will definetly change now.And so it should.

Grazz

The AFL allowed the loophole of self reporting without gaining a strike to encourage players to come fwd and say i have a problem.
Clearly its being abused as its been reported that a number of players have used the loophole a few times, is that abusing the loophole or are they the ones that really do have a problem, when you think about it it makes me unsure but if those players have not sought help in some way then i guess it is abusing the loophole.

I kind of feel for the AFL on this loophole issue, they are damned if they do it and damned if they don't really, it was put in with the best intentions at heart for the player yet may of backfired on them due to some taking it for granted. It is a very difficult issue to deal with. Although Ive never agreed with the three strikes policy, i think that's wrong on a lot of levels but at the same time i don't profess to have all the answers either.

Id also like to know who in AFL house is leaking all this stuff to the media, Caroline Wilson certainly knows as she was saying stuff about Swan months ago, not that we know its Swan yet but where there's smoke there is usually fire isn't there.

I agree with JB, just because you take or have taken drugs doesn't mean your a bad bloke all it means is you've made a bad choice and threatened your lively hood by doing so, that only makes you silly not necessarily bad. I also don't feel that it is just a Collingwood issue, there would be alot of teams in the AFL that would be experiencing similar issues if not identical.