Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

QuoteIf several Bombers players are found to have used a substance that breaches the anti-doping code, they face the prospect of at least one and possibly two years out of the game.

Source: SuperFooty

T Dog

Quote from: Hagebear on February 06, 2013, 10:46:46 AM
Can't say the scandal is a good thing. On a DT point of view I don't think it will affect them too much. I doubt anyone will get suspended otherwise they will probably have to suspend the whole team.
Mandatory penalty?..Jobe may not be sleepng too well if involved. Would hate to see the Brownlow caught up in this.

Toga

Quote from: T Dog on February 06, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on February 06, 2013, 10:46:46 AM
Can't say the scandal is a good thing. On a DT point of view I don't think it will affect them too much. I doubt anyone will get suspended otherwise they will probably have to suspend the whole team.
Mandatory penalty?..Jobe may not be sleepng too well if involved. Would hate to see the Brownlow caught up in this.

saw something yesterday (probably not from a reliable source) about Cotchin potentially coming out of this scandal with a Brownlow medal :o

Windigo

I wouldn't be too happy to accept it really.....

Noz

All the talk about Cotchin winning it how bout Sam Mitchell didn't both tie for second or was Mitchell inelgiable can't remember.

Toga

Quote from: Noz on February 06, 2013, 12:56:43 PM
All the talk about Cotchin winning it how bout Sam Mitchell didn't both tie for second or was Mitchell inelgiable can't remember.

shower completely forgot about him!! :o :o

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 12:38:11 PM
I wouldn't be too happy to accept it really.....

Same :-X would be a bit of a buzzkill I would think!

BratPack

QuoteDear member,

As you will most likely be aware, the club has asked the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to conduct an investigation into supplements given to our players during the 2012 season.

Over the last 48 hours, the club received concerning information that we felt required swift action. As a result, the club contacted the AFL and ASADA to request an independent investigation.

The club is now fully cooperating with ASADA and the AFL in its investigation.

This is very distressing for our club, our executive, our players, our Board and our members.   We believe we have been compliant with the rules and regulations of the AFL and ASADA.

Most importantly, we will be doing everything possible to protect the integrity of our football club and players.

Due to the sensitivity of this issue and the ongoing investigation, the club is not in a position to disclose any further information. It is important the investigation is given the opportunity to take its course. 

We believe that we have acted in a sensible and responsible way to ensure the club gets to the bottom of this matter as quickly as possible.

Out of respect to the process we will not be providing an ongoing commentary through the media in relation to this matter but when further information becomes available we will communicate this with you.

We will now look to continue preparations for our opening NAB Cup game against Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs next Friday night.

As always, I thank you for your continued support of the Essendon Football Club.

David Evans

How many interpretations for "We're completely flowered" are there I wonder...

Chelskiman

Quote from: Noz on February 06, 2013, 12:56:43 PM

Yeah, I mentioned them both in another thread.  If it did happen, trust Richmond to win a Brownlow that is shrouded in controversy. :(

Grazz

Hang in there BP, as a Crows supporter i know the despair that occurs when your club is embroiled in a scandal. :(

Capper

Heard a rumour that Watson wont be playing in the NAB cup due to his knee.

Essendon's 'Weapon' Dean Robinson stood down
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-05/essendons-weapon-stood-down

Windigo

Ringo

Who says clubs do not co - operate these 2 statements from Gold Coast and Geelong in relation to the investigation.  Must employ the same media officers:

"In relation to the allegations today involving the Essendon Football Club, we confirm that certain individuals involved with the Essendon fitness program during the period under investigation briefly worked for the Gold Coast Football Club.

We have no evidence or information whatsoever that these individuals acted in an improper way during their time of employment with the Gold Coast Football Club.

We stand ready to assist the AFL with any investigation it is undertaking in relation to this matter.

The Club will not be making any further comment."

"The Geelong Football Club can confirm that an individual involved with the Essendon Football Club fitness program during the period currently under investigation was also previously employed by the Geelong Football Club.

Whilst we have no evidence or information that this individual acted in an improper manner during his employment at the Geelong Football Club, we are ready to cooperate fully with the investigation.

The Club has no further comment to make at this time. "

BP as I posted earlier it may have only just come to notice that these supplements contain banned substances as ingredients may not have been disclosed on label.  hang in there as this is what happens when you push boundaries.

Nails

Me and my hate had a $100 bet on Lions vs. Essendon finishing higher on the ladder.

I should go ask for my $100 back.

love4thegame

the peptides HgH is used on adolescents and children to promote growth. so it would have been the younger players on this, jobes in the clear id say

The_Captain

Quote from: love4thegame on February 06, 2013, 02:56:34 PM
the peptides H2H is used on adolescents and children to promote growth. so it would have been the younger players on this, jobes in the clear id say

LOl you cant be serious? It still works on all bodies even though its predominately used for younger people. People at the club of all ages could have been using it to help with their gains.