Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 11, 2013, 12:13:15 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-10/dank-to-sue-for-10m

The media are pretty f$%ked on this one. Considering he has not be charged with anything they will have hardly a leg to stand on.

If they only reported facts with evidence this wouldn't happen.

I hope he wins. The media makes me sick. Greedy barbies, making accusations without any evidence to back it up just to get a few more sales.

Grazz

The media are and will always be Vultures who feed on the carcass of the vulnerable they have no morals nor do they care. Whatever sells papers they will do.

Capper

Windigo

Dank says that Coaches were taking drugs as well.

The Weapon would be in the gun for that I'd think.  :P

Justin Bieber

The_Captain

Quote from: Windigo on February 12, 2013, 08:15:46 PM

This is the bit i don't get. What benefit would the coaches get from taking this ha :o

bunyip

The press are beating this to hell. Look at what we know, Essendon players have been given drug supplements that no-one seems to know are legal or not. If any of the substances are on the AFL banned substances list do you think the coaches (especially Hird) would have allowed it. And, one player from an as yet unnamed club has some friends who are bikies.
It's all just speculation and innuendo by the media.
Sometimes I wonder who's running the AFL. Demetriou or Robbo.

kilbluff1985

i thought he said the players only took vitamins b+c but it was the coaches who were taking things that would be illegal for the players

so i don't think the players were taking drugs and your 'as well' is out of place

Boomz

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/police-cold-on-acc-doping-claims/story-e6frg7mf-1226576594947 Good read...

Also funny how Caro & Robbo are now trying to change their tune... Obviously been told to reign it in.

Capper

Windigo

I heard there is gunna be a drug conference at 4.30 today with all the big hitters?  ???

Boomz

Quote from: noto07 on February 12, 2013, 09:07:21 PM

This is the bit i don't get. What benefit would the coaches get from taking this ha :o

He never said what they took just something that is slightly outside the WADA/ASADA rules but perfectly LEGAL for non athletes... So who gives a flower... That new peptide they are talking about which targets reducing belly fat is what I want.

Yeah I heard there is gonna be some sort of press conference this arvo.

bunyip

I am so over this, if the Essendon players have been taking performance enhancing drugs, then they should get their money back. ::)

Windigo

Press conference 8.30 on Prime tomorrow  tonight.

GCSkiwi

Anyone watching the "drugs in footy summit" discussions on Channel 7?
I kinda wish the media coverage on all of this would just stop, it's kinda painful. I mean sure, it's a great money spinner for the networks and there are probably millions watching intently. But there's nothing of substance there, just sensationalist and/or uninformed opinion pieces rather than anything meaningful...

just my 2 cents...