Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

ossie85

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 08, 2013, 03:00:20 AM
We can't discount what the cheat did for cancer sufferers everywhere, that is invaluable

I can. It will make people less inclined to donate in the future. No doubt he was a source of inspiration to some, but in all likelihood people would have found inspiration somewhere (like, maybe, family? friends? Other famous cancer sufferers?). The long term pain far outweighs the short-term gain, and he should go to jail for fraud.

DazBurg

i see someone has already edited the 2012 brownlow page on wikipedia  ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Brownlow_Medal
This page was last modified on 7 February 2013 at 12:14

Jay

Wow this is crazy. Needed to post, for it to show up in new replies :P

kilbluff1985

honestly guys some of you are talking like Essendon have been proven guilty already give them a chance to prove there innocence if they are guilty then throw as many stones at them as you like but right bow many of you are just talking shower

Justin Bieber

Quote from: DazBurg on February 08, 2013, 10:33:16 AM

It was me :o lol

Grazz

Quote from: ossie85 on February 08, 2013, 10:13:52 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 08, 2013, 03:00:20 AM
We can't discount what the cheat did for cancer sufferers everywhere, that is invaluable

I can. It will make people less inclined to donate in the future. No doubt he was a source of inspiration to some, but in all likelihood people would have found inspiration somewhere (like, maybe, family? friends? Other famous cancer sufferers?). The long term pain far outweighs the short-term gain, and he should go to jail for fraud.

while i admiire what he's done for cancer sufferers i feel ossie is right , many of the corperations who donated in the past will be very reluctant to give anymore now. He still was lying to Oprah and has kept lying about everything where the statute of limitations hasnt run out and only really come clean about the stuff he can no longer go to jail for because the statute of limitations has run out. His agreeing to testify now only came about because USADA/WADA pushed the hearing date further forward which i suspect will have the statute of limitations run out on all the rest, very clever of him,not. The man has lied under oath, sued former friends and won all along knowing they were telling the truth and he was lying but not caring one bit, how you do that to your friends is beyond me. It does show glaringly what kind of man he really his and that is scum, he should of gone to jail, belongs in jail and i personally couldnt care less what happens to him from here on in. Now he has agreed to testify to WADA he will probably have his lifetime ban reduced so he can do his triathlons etc but this is so wrong, so very wrong.

Quote from: DazBurg on February 08, 2013, 10:33:16 AM

Think this is jumping the gun abit, nobody has been convicted of anything yet. I feel for Jobe, he's a good guy who im sure would no more willingly cheat than set himself on fire i feel. If the EFC are found guilty he by far will pay the biggest price of all of them.
I understand ignorence is no excuse in these situations but it will be a massive price to pay for trusting others if EFC are found guilty.

Ringo

As much as do not like Voss as Lions coach this quote by Voss from Lions press conference today thinks sums everything up perfectly. He has a better script writer than I do  ;D ;D

"It's a watershed moment, that's for sure. It's a very serious instance but it's also chance to be able to make sure the integrity of the game can be the hallmark and be always guarded.

"We've seen the findings, we've heard the findings, we want to find out who it is so we can move on.

"I think everyone is looking forward to that moment. Until that happens, I guess everyone is implicated until otherwise shown. When that moment comes, the fans will be looking forward to it, I know we are."

Windigo

Well the lions were doing the old blood doping back in the day.

McRooster

Quote from: redevilfc on February 08, 2013, 01:29:49 AM

apparently the bombers have recruited a new gun midfielder haha :o
I heard he has joined training as the Bombers new fitness coach...

Jay

Quote from: McRooster on February 08, 2013, 08:05:11 PM

LOL ;D nice photo-shopping there Roost!

Tominator

never expected that this would be the pre-cursor to the saga that is now playing out

Boomz

Meh seems less and less likely we are in trouble. They have no case if everyone supposedly involved is denying it & no one has tested positive. At the very least the players won't be suspended... No positive tests and they will all just deny it so there is no case. The Reimers interview was hilarious... He could hardly talk without stumbling & then contradicted himself... Journalists took advantage of him. Kind of felt sorry for him.  Have no respect for any sports journo's anymore.

btw saw this on bomberblitz earlier  ;D

DazBurg

i find it funny most journo's especially caroline wilson keeps go back and saying well i think having injections in a sterile environment just doesn't sit well with me

like it is never done

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-coach-james-hird-has-grilled-his-players-over-suspected-drug-use/story-e6frepf6-1226573886124

the video is fremantle saying they do the same

see caro it is commmon

nrich102

Quote from: Jayman on February 08, 2013, 11:59:36 PM
Quote from: McRooster on February 08, 2013, 08:05:11 PM

LOL ;D nice photo-shopping there Roost!
+1, LOL